The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2016 NHL Draft] If the Nucks draft top 5, who would you pick?

Odd.

If we don't have the #1 pick which we probably won't, defenceman all the way. Bean/Day/Chychrun with a top-5 pick, send them back to junior for a year, fill our D with UFAs and then see how he goes the following season as a 19-20 year old.

If we draft a lefty, have Sbisa play the right side next season to try and even out our pairings.

24 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If we don't have the #1 pick which we probably won't, defenceman all the way. Bean/Day/Chychrun with a top-5 pick, send them back to junior for a year, fill our D with UFAs and then see how he goes the following season as a 19-20 year old.

If we draft a lefty, have Sbisa play the right side next season to try and even out our pairings.

Day as in Sean Day? With a top 5 pick?

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Not Day with a high pick, but definately Chychrun - Bean - Juolevi - Sergachev if we get a top-5 or top-10 pick, Day maybe after them.

Olli Juolevi, I like.

2 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

This is definitely a clear cut top 3 this year.

Laine and Pulijijarvi are Definitely just as dynamic as Matthews

based on last years tourney and the start of this years, Pulajarvi would be first overall for me I think.  

If we manage top 5:

Mathews
Puljujarvi
Laine
Chychrun
Tkachuck

...in that order (though Laine/Chych could flip).

From there I hope we pick up some late 1st's/2nd's and draft 2-3 of:

Fabbro, McAvoy, Bean, Day etc.

If we somehow either end up with or gain some mid 1sts...

Sergachyov, Juolevi etc would be nice as well.

On 12/6/2015 at 9:51 AM, Warhippy said:

We trade vets for extra 1st and 2nd round picks.  We use the picks plus whatever assets we have left on the roster to do something smart.

Draft top 5?  Matthews or Chychrun.  Barring that one of Puljujarvi or Laine because our RW depth is dismal.

Take an extra 1st + asset (pick or player) move in to top 15, draft Fabbro or Juolevi.  Should he still remainand we have the pick to grab him Sean Day

Blue line set for a decade.  Honestly, as long as we take 2 or 3 defensemen in the first 2 ish rounds I'll be happy

Boeser and Virtanen?

Archived