The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Temp GDT] Canucks vs Rangers

-DLC-

Hmmm, no GDT.  Need something but I'm leaving for work so this lame effort is all you get.  Others can either update in this thread (thanks) or the first "real" thread will stay in place of this.

Go Canucks.  Do we have swagger yet?

12346403_10153710454985549_3874580584292

Blood shall be drawn.

The Canucks shall march to victory on this day, on a red carpet created by the frozen blood of the New York Rangers.

The monarchy shall be brought down and King Henrik's head shall be severed by the guillotine at center ice.

Let his limbs be removed and hung from the four corners of the Jumbotron as a warning to all others who would dare to set foot in Rogers Arena with the expectation that their sticks will be politely handed back to them when dropped.

Freedom poutine.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Blood shall be drawn.

The Canucks shall march to victory on this day, on a red carpet created by the frozen blood of the New York Rangers.

The monarchy shall be brought down and King Henrik's head shall be severed by the guillotine at center ice.

Let his limbs be removed and hung from the four corners of the Jumbotron as a warning to all others who would dare to set foot in Rogers Arena with the expectation that their sticks will be politely handed back to them when dropped.

Freedom poutine.

Amen

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Doug Lidster better initiate the trap tonight, that might be the only hope.

Doug Lidster is our sleeper agent.  He built up the Rangers' trust by helping them defeat us as a Ranger himself in the 1994 Finals.

Now that their guard is down, the trap is ready to be sprung.

Manchurian Candidate 2015.

To be honest, if there was an ex Canuck who can I hope would get to one day lift the cup, AV has got to be part of my list. He helped bring the best out of the group, survived a couple of GM changes while bringing us to within a win a game of the Stanley Cup, then doing it all over again with the Rangers is pretty remarkable within it's own right.

I have always wondered, where would the Canucks be if AV never left and Torts didn't happen.

Would Linden have kept him?

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

As always, welcome back AV.

You really don't know what you've got until it's gone and it appears it was not the coach that was the issue.

Hoping for a good game win or lose

Love AV. Wish him all the best wherever he is.

But I would disagree with your sentiment that the coach wasn't the issue. Not the only issue obviously, but hasn't his extremely successful time in New York looked exactly like his extremely successful time in Vancouver? Namely, that he is a great coach and can win lots of games and be pleasant and liked....but when stuff really gets up against the wall, he always reverts to a defensive system in the last half of games and ends up losing as a result? 

The most clear example of that I thought was once when it didn't happen, but allllllmost happened against Chicago in 2011 (after happening against Chicago in 2009 and 2010).

2 minutes ago, nzan said:

Love AV. Wish him all the best wherever he is.

But I would disagree with your sentiment that the coach wasn't the issue. Not the only issue obviously, but hasn't his extremely successful time in New York looked exactly like his extremely successful time in Vancouver? Namely, that he is a great coach and can win lots of games and be pleasant and liked....but when stuff really gets up against the wall, he always reverts to a defensive system in the last half of games and ends up losing as a result? 

The most clear example of that I thought was once when it didn't happen, but allllllmost happened against Chicago in 2011 (after happening against Chicago in 2009 and 2010).

You are describing WD not AV.

Archived