The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your thought of what the canucks should do? should we tank or consider shopping guys and pick up via waviers.

MattCanuck

Well as we all know with how the view of the team is going, Should we think of seeing options at the draft for a possible top 10-13 pick? maybe pick up a new Defensemen in the upcoming draft?

Or even Trading guys or picks for players whom can start scoring on offense, Even with defense being cut down as Hamhuis is out for a few months, Maybe Benning should look at younger D men or guys who are on waviers like Hamonic(example) or as rumored this week to see if getting back corrado is worth it.

Lets hear what you all think and discuss how this team can either consider a Rebuild or just re structure what is already place.

Compelling question...Tank or shop?  Simple answer...do both.  Because

Image result for why not both

But seriously, there's really nothing out there on the waiver wire other than 30 somethings that other teams don't want and the trade market right now is a sellers market, not a buyers market (though that will change at TDL).  Unfortunately, in today's NHL, you're pretty much stuck with the team you start with in October.

14 minutes ago, MattCanuck said:

Well as we all know with how the view of the team is going, Should we think of seeing options at the draft for a possible top 10-13 pick? maybe pick up a new Defensemen in the upcoming draft?

Or even Trading guys or picks for players whom can start scoring on offense, Even with defense being cut down as Hamhuis is out for a few months, Maybe Benning should look at younger D men or guys who are on waviers like Hamonic(example) or as rumored this week to see if getting back corrado is worth it.

Lets hear what you all think and discuss how this team can either consider a Rebuild or just re structure what is already place.

Hamonic is on waivers?

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

nothing should be done for the time being except giving the Utica boys the chance they have earned.  in the mean time linden needs to man up and come to terms that his first hiring was a mistake, and starts feeling around for an experienced General Manager.  That is the only way Linden will survive this. firing the coach does nothing but expose management if nothing changes.   this needs to be done before draft day. go from there.  the seasons done, scouts should be frequent flyers like linden should.   after we get a legit GM start internally promoting that's how you stay consistant , it gives everyone incentive, same with our prospects, play the ones who have paid their dues, that's gives them faith in the team, and incentive.

so wrong :frantic::frantic::frantic::picard::sick::picard::frantic::frantic::frantic:

Just now, EmilyM said:

That's a trade request, not waivers :) Waivers would mean he's free for the taking.

well when i mentioned it first, i put the (/) to separate waivers and trades and seeing what all you think is a good choice.  

my problem with the waivers is, who the heck wants guys like zack kassian lol, but there could be something decent on there

2 minutes ago, MattCanuck said:

well he did request a trade last month and said its family reasoning and was reported by major sports outlets

You do understand what waivers means right?  Asking for a trade and being put on waivers are two different things.  NYI isn't going to give him away for nothing (waivers) they will trade him to get something in return...

3 minutes ago, MattCanuck said:

well he did request a trade last month and said its family reasoning and was reported by major sports outlets

I think you need to do some research before posting things like this. Waivers and requesting trades are quite different FYI.

1 minute ago, dura_mater said:

You do understand what waivers means right?  Asking for a trade and being put on waivers are two different things.  NYI isn't going to give him away for nothing (waivers) they will trade him to get something in return...

so i miss worded it, you made it seem like you didn't even know that he wanted out. this is why i worry about this community is because nobody can act like a family but needs to complain about useless stuff, 

stay on topic.

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

I think you need to do some research before posting things like this. Waivers and requesting trades are quite different FYI.

As said, it was miss worded, no need to get your panties in a bundle and act like a child.

its a forum .. its suppose to be fun yet its seem to be like lets gang on people for realizing  they put the wrong words in the wrong place.

Just now, MattCanuck said:

so i miss worded it, you made it seem like you didn't even know that he wanted out. this is why i worry about this community is because nobody can act like a family but needs to complain about useless stuff, 

stay on topic.

In the words of Axel Rose, welcome to the jungle. 

Just now, Pickly said:

In the words of Axel Rose, welcome to the jungle. 

you mean the same guy who does alot of drugs? and broke up Guns N roses ... Why the hell not ..

As a supporter of a team, the fans are suppose to be a family, yet this feels more like the riot and nobody can get along, 

i just wanted to hear openions, not be talked down to

8 minutes ago, MattCanuck said:

my problem with the waivers is, who the heck wants guys like zack kassian lol, but there could be something decent on there

I don't think you understand what Waivers is. Waiver so where teams put players that they don't want on there team or if they want to terminate a players contract. When a player is put on waivers all the other 29 teams in the league can claim the player for a small fine (like 4k) but will have to take on that players contract and put that player on there NHL roster. If more than one team claims a player the worse team gets him. If a team want to send the player down they will have to put him back on Waivers in order to send him down to the AHL or terminate his contract.

There are rarely any NHL players who get claimed off wavier and make a good career for themselve. So when you say build by picking players off waivers we are basically putting up a lot of 4th line/AHL players

Archived