The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All Purpose WJC/Prospect thread

Gstank29

Wow even our own "fans" are bashing our prospect... I thought that was the Leafs fans job.. Smh Virtanen wasn't even bad today, in fact, he was one of the standouts for me. His cycle game improved and he gelled really well with Point and Perlini. He overpowered a lot of Belarus players who tried to hit him and he was also good on the PP taking at least 2 guys with him which opens up space for guys like Strome and Marner. I know it's only against Belarus but give credit where credit is due. This was a good first game overall.

If we keep Virtanen in the NHL, I say make his job easy, place him with the twins. They can cycle to puck and do the old fashion sedinery and he can find the open spots and unleash this wrist shot I was hoping to see more of. 

That is what I would do, give him an audtion of like 10 games their, a legit opportunity and see how he does. You wanna grow the youngsters I say give them a scoring chance....no better way for Jake than with the twins

1 hour ago, SedinMadness said:

no, i think Mc David is just too good for the oilers to give up if he was healthy. just to valuable.

It's gross to imagine what he'd do to that tournament if he did play. Why'd we have the lockout in 2012-13 to give us friggin RNH...shoulda had a CBA that ended after last season. He'd do awful things to the tournament.

http://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/video/does-canada-have-cause-for-concern~776167

Bob Mckenzie and James Duthie talk about yesterday's 7-6 win against Sweden.

Saying Virtanen/Barzal/Perlini is a line they should keep and that it should be Canada's go-to line.

Saying Virtanen was a force out there yesterday. 

Also said that they need to stop taking bad penalties and be much more disciplined. 

They didn't say this however Sebastian Aho who was injured after taking a puck to the throat will miss the World Junior with a larynx injury.

Canada needs to get sorted in their defensive woes. Need to stop blowing leads at crucial times. 

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

http://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/video/does-canada-have-cause-for-concern~776167

Bob Mckenzie and James Duthie talk about yesterday's 7-6 win against Sweden.

Saying Virtanen/Barzal/Perlini is a line they should keep and that it should be Canada's go-to line.

Saying Virtanen was a force out there yesterday. 

Also said that they need to stop taking bad penalties and be much more disciplined. 

They didn't say this however Sebastian Aho who was injured after taking a puck to the throat will miss the World Junior with a larynx injury.

Canada needs to get sorted in their defensive woes. Need to stop blowing leads at crucial times. 

They nailed that one .

As for captain I guess this will motivate Crouse to step up his game ,I do not see him doing this. Hickets another story though.

Archived