The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AquaMan may step in soon.

ShakyWalton

So...we won a game but if this current pattern doesnt change Aqua may step in and demand a CHANGE..no one seems to be mentioning that...its his team...one day he might call Trev at the Gym while he is working out and Benning while he is scouting some guy in Kazakstan...and say...move WD...now I know there are lots of WD fans on this board....Im not one...but it may happen..he OWNS the team and pretty much called the shots on the last shakeup...I dont like ownership running a team but sometimes I get the feeling that this management doesnt have a clue...now I know I will be flammed for this thread  but I have been biting my tongue for awhile now...cheers and Merry Xmas.

Maybe, just maybe Mike is onto something here. The owner reserves the right to interfere whenever the mood moves him. He is the one (or his family) who made a significant investment to purchase the franchise. Aqua-man is in the drivers seat when it comes to the immediate future of Willie, Jimbo, and Trevor. Will that happen soon, doubtful, however it is his call alone.

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He could also just let the management group he hired, continue executing their plan to its natural conclusion ... Just saying.  

Which looks to be headed toward WD getting fired, and replaced by Travis Green.  Is that the natural conclusion you were speaking of?  WD has been over his head since he started.  If you count his twitches from seasons in the WHL to the AHL and then to this NHL stint it's astronomical how those twitches have increased.  Clearly his twitches are directly proportional to his feelings of being overwhelmed by the circumstance.  For his own health ( and the health of those who have to Look at him) he should be sent back to a level of hockey where he's more comfortable.  It's a medical issue that just can't be overlooked.:)

22 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Why not post this in one of existing WD threads.

You aren't a rookie on here, you have over 5k posts. 

Oh yeah, forgot it's Saturday night. Alcohol impairs judgement. Carry on.

Sometime alchol gives me courage and God knows I need courage around here .I cant stand WD..I think he is a horrible coach..I dont mind Benning..seems to have a clue..Linden....WTF does he do..oh..run his GYMs and workout to the max.....anyway...the rum is good and I will keep keeping on...cheers.

Oh..I didnt know post count meant anything..I have read some pretty dumb stuff from others.

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

So...we won a game but if this current pattern doesnt change Aqua may step in and demand a CHANGE..no one seems to be mentioning that...its his team...one day he might call Trev at the Gym while he is working out and Benning while he is scouting some guy in Kazakstan...and say...move WD...now I know there are lots of WD fans on this board....Im not one...but it may happen..he OWNS the team and pretty much called the shots on the last shakeup...I dont like ownership running a team but sometimes I get the feeling that this management doesnt have a clue...now I know I will be flammed for this thread  but I have been biting my tongue for awhile now...cheers and Merry Xmas.

I know I'm a newbie...but maybe you're right.

WD getting canned wouldn't be a huge surprise the Aquamarines usually hose somebody when they don't get that playoff revenue in a season.

Trevor Linden is not going anywhere Jim Benning is not either since Trevor hired him and WD Aqua men signed off on.

Trevor just needs to pitch the long term vision. Short term pain for long term gain.

But if somebody goes WD is the easiest to get rid off rather than bringing in some big free agents or making a splash trade just to appease ownership.

I am a firm believer that ownership would be smarter than this. There has been no report or evidence to say that they in fact are calling the shots and its purely speculative. Smart business minds can make profits even when a team isn't performing, its all about the angle you market it. I am secretly dying for a 24/7esque series on the Canucks re-building. Always enjoyed watching other teams.

The Canucks need to freshen up and ice a more exciting product either way. A fresh new franchise player is a good start.

In the Gillis days, I think this would have been a possibility.

But Aquilini hired Linden to guide the ship, and if this is a London to New York voyage, England is still visible on the horizon.

He just has to trust them to do their thing.  He must have known that missing the playoffs at some point would be a possibility.

Maybe Aquilini is an idiot, but I don't really think so.

Let Willie tank it this year, or see if he can pull it out of the fire.  If the team sucks, we get a high draft pick, develop some Utica guys after the trade deadline, and bring up Travis Green to coach the big team.

I don't know what the point really is of firing Willie right now.  If we keep Willie, we finish 29th.  If we replace Willie, we finish...25th?

21 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Sometime alchol gives me courage and God knows I need courage around here .I cant stand WD..I think he is a horrible coach..I dont mind Benning..seems to have a clue..Linden....WTF does he do..oh..run his GYMs and workout to the max.....anyway...the rum is good and I will keep keeping on...cheers.

Oh..I didnt know post count meant anything..I have read some pretty dumb sh%t from others.

Like the veterans on the team itself, you've posted enough quality over time to miss the occasional open net Shakes. I can't say I agree with you on this one though- if we had a team that was worthy of a challenge I might have WD under higher power optics but frankly we don't, and I don't really know what a president of an NHL team is supposed to be doing so I'm not going to point the gun at Trev either. I think this is one of those "let the chips fall where they may" years, probably the first I've seen since the 90's ( I still had expectations in the Tort year- that one sucked arse ) 

Archived