10646098.jpeg

Lineups...

Spoiler

WHO CARES

MATTHEWS/BOESER VS VIRTANEN

CWsyAhtUkAAt1Vj.0.jpg

2016 United States IIHF World Junior Championship Roster
Player Position Age Current Team NHL Draft Rights
Anders Bjork F 19 Notre Dame (NCAA) Boston Bruins (2014)
Brock Boeser F 18 North Dakota (NCAA) Vancouver Canucks (2015)
Alex DeBrincat F 18 Erie Otters (OHL) 2016 Draft Eligible
Ryan Donato F 19 Harvard (NCAA) Boston Bruins (2014)
Christian Dvorak F 19 London Knights (OHL) Arizona Coyotes (2014)
Scott Eansor F 19 Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) Free Agent
Ryan Hitchcock F 19 Yale (NCAA) Free Agent
Auston Matthews F 18 ZSC Lions (Switzerland) 2016 Draft Eligible
Ryan MacInnis F 19 Kitchener Rangers (OHL) Arizona Coyotes (2014)
Sonny Milano F 19 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) Columbus Blue Jackets (2014)
Nick Schmaltz F 19 North Dakota (NCAA) Chicago Blackhawks (2014)
Matthew Tkachuk F 18 London Knights (OHL) 2016 Draft Eligible
Colin White F 18 Boston College (NCAA) Ottawa Senators (2015)
Louie Belpedio D 19 Miami of Ohio (NCAA) Minnesota Wild (2014)
Will Borgen D 19 St. Cloud State (NCAA) Buffalo Sabres (2015)
Brandon Carlo D 19 Tri-City Americans (WHL) Boston Bruins (2015)
Brandon Fortunato D 19 Boston University (NCAA) Free Agent
Chad Krys D 17 U.S. U-18 National Team 2016 Draft Eligible
Charlie McAvoy D 18 Boston University (NCAA) 2016 Draft Eligible
Zach Werenski D 18 University of Michigan (NCAA) Columbus Blue Jackets (2015)
Brandon Halverson G 19 Sault Ste. Mari Greyhounds (OHL) New York Rangers (2014)
Alex Nedeljkovic G 19 Niagara IceDogs (OHL) Carolina Hurricanes (2014)

Surpised to see 3 UFAs on the US team when some noticable names were left off. Brandon Fortunato is someone to watch, he is having an excellent year at BU.

Just now, Alflives said:

We will not match up with them.  If we win our goalie is the star.  Heck if we keep the score close our goalie is the star.  

I still view Canada as the better team. The American team left off a few players who I thought would be threats (Connor, Roslovic, Garland) I don't think Matthews will be as good as people say he is going to be in the WJCs , same thing as Eichel last year.  

2 minutes ago, Rex425 said:

I still view Canada as the better team. The American team left off a few players who I thought would be threats (Connor, Roslovic, Garland) I don't think Matthews will be as good as people say he is going to be in the WJCs , same thing as Eichel last year.  

They are a fast teM, and we aren't.  Sure we have Jake, who's the fastest guy at the tournament, but he can't play the entire game.  I really want us to win, but see our team as too slow.  I think a lot of our guys got picked on reputation, and other guys got missed.  Like Tyler Benson, and others.  Mitch Marner is small, slow and weak.  He gets pushed off the puck too easy.  I think guys like him Re only on the team to attract the TO audience.

7 minutes ago, homersexual said:

I think at best, Boeser is a 3rd liner, but realistically, he will be 4th line so I don't expect a lot from him.

I'm thinking he starts out where you say, but by the semifinals he's top line, and top PP.  he's an extraordinarily exceptional sniper, who is going to score a lot of goals this tournament.  In five years it will be argued that he should have been top three in his draft.  He's a special player, and JB was a genius to draft him.

Canadian goalie better be on his game, or we are in trouble.  JV will show to be our best player, and all Toronto picks will suck horribly.  IMHAO, of course:P

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

They are a fast teM, and we aren't.  Sure we have Jake, who's the fastest guy at the tournament, but he can't play the entire game.  I really want us to win, but see our team as too slow.  I think a lot of our guys got picked on reputation, and other guys got missed.  Like Tyler Benson, and others.  Mitch Marner is small, slow and weak.  He gets pushed off the puck too easy.  I think guys like him Re only on the team to attract the TO audience.

Isn't Marner 3rd in OHL scoring? Isn't that the top junior league for hockey in Canada?

Archived