The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kassian to EDM

MusclePharm

3 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Sorry Minister, but this isn't a minor-league depth move for Edmonton.  They have identified a problem in their NHL lineup and are going to try addressing it with Kassian.  It may or may not work, but they're doing it with the intention to bring him up.  And I expect they've done enough due diligence to make that a reasonable prospect, after a conditioning stint in the minors.

I don't disagree that they are hoping it works. 

I disagree that it's close. 

Time will tell. 

So Kass reports to Bakersfield.....plays some games,  what are the rules regarding subsequent call ups and/or demotions back to the AHL now that he's fully cleared waivers once already this year?  Can EDM bring him up and send him back at their discretion now? 

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

So Kass reports to Bakersfield.....plays some games,  what are the rules regarding subsequent call ups and/or demotions back to the AHL now that he's fully cleared waivers once already this year?  Can EDM bring him up and send him back at their discretion now? 

Think players get a month pass for call ups once cleared waivers

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

He can play 5 games or has to spend less than 30 days on the roster, otherwise he has the clear waivers again if he is sent back down

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

If prust plays I'm sure he can keep him in check.

Prust is a fourth liner, if kassian gets with the big club pretty sure he will be protection for first two lines.  Bure played with odjick...Gretzky with semen ko at times.  Mcdavid?   Should be interesting if he gets his life in order.  Can't believe he may get another chance.  Size and skill speak I guess

5 minutes ago, cocanuck said:

Prust is a fourth liner, if kassian gets with the big club pretty sure he will be protection for first two lines.  Bure played with odjick...Gretzky with semen ko at times.  Mcdavid?   Should be interesting if he gets his life in order.  Can't believe he may get another chance.  Size and skill speak I guess

Kass has been inaccurately compared to many players but that's just ridiculous.....Odjick, Semenko, I mean come on now. Bet you want to edit that one now don't you?

Archived