The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Elbow to Henrik's head in the first 30 sec.

Mackcanuck

14 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Here it is.

When will the refs and the League show the Sedins the respect they deserve?????

"I thought it was a flying elbow to the head," Henrik said. "The only point of contact was my face."

hank.gif?w=1000&h=562

They sadly won't.

And watching this disgusts me.

Nothing will happen because the NHL officiating is a joke, an absolute joke. Watching this clip makes me sick, he clearly leaves his feet and its CLEARLY an elbow up high, when will it end for us Canucks fans. I'm so sick of seeing our team being headhunted, and our captain especially. I mean the guy is playing through pain and the King's goons try to smash him, you can't tell me Sutter wasn't whispering in McNabb's ear prior to the game. Tired of this goon squad and goon coach who give hockey a bad name. It won't change however because LA is huge market team, and the NHL wants them to thrive. 

I don't blame the on-ice officials for missing the elbow. It was pretty tough to see at game speed and Henrik bounced right back up. Steve Miller, however, completely botched the separating of Biega and McNabb afterward. I have to give McNabb some credit for holding back when Miller dragged Biega to the ice with him.

That being said, when I think of the suspensions handed to Hansen and Burrows for similar incidents, it would be disappointing to see McNabb get off scott free. Unfortunately, in this particular case, I expect to be disappointed.

There was a point raised by Gary Valk between periods that mirrors something I have been saying for years: When a team like the Kings target the twins (and the Kings especially have been doing it for years) the Canucks need to respond in kind. Forget about getting back at the McNabbs and Browns, they should be hitting Kopi, Gabby and Doughty hard,  at every opportunity.

Sutter needs to know that if his 3rd and 4th line guys take liberties with the twins, it could result in time on the DL for his best players.

1 hour ago, The_Cherry said:

Nothing will happen because the NHL officiating is a joke, an absolute joke. Watching this clip makes me sick, he clearly leaves his feet and its CLEARLY an elbow up high, when will it end for us Canucks fans. I'm so sick of seeing our team being headhunted, and our captain especially. I mean the guy is playing through pain and the King's goons try to smash him, you can't tell me Sutter wasn't whispering in McNabb's ear prior to the game. Tired of this goon squad and goon coach who give hockey a bad name. It won't change however because LA is huge market team, and the NHL wants them to thrive. 

I don't know about the "CLEARLY" leaving his feet part, but elbow furrrrr sureee! 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't blame the on-ice officials for missing the elbow. It was pretty tough to see at game speed and Henrik bounced right back up. Steve Miller, however, completely botched the separating of Biega and McNabb afterward. I have to give McNabb some credit for holding back when Miller dragged Biega to the ice with him.

That being said, when I think of the suspensions handed to Hansen and Burrows for similar incidents, it would be disappointing to see McNabb get off scott free. Unfortunately, in this particular case, I expect to be disappointed.

There was a point raised by Gary Valk between periods that mirrors something I have been saying for years: When a team like the Kings target the twins (and the Kings especially have been doing it for years) the Canucks need to respond in kind. Forget about getting back at the McNabbs and Browns, they should be hitting Kopi, Gabby and Doughty hard,  at every opportunity.

Sutter needs to know that if his 3rd and 4th line guys take liberties with the twins, it could result in time on the DL for his best players.

Exactly what ive been thinking for years.  Forget about going after their goons.  They should make life miserable for guys like Toffoli and Pearson. You take a cheap shot at our good players your players will need a container of tylenol 3s and an ice machine on the flight home,  Sutter has been targeting the Sedins for years without repercussion.  He knows the Canucks do not have the personnel to take the game to the gutter.  That is why we need a couple more bruising ars$hole defencemen and a couple intimidating forwards.  

The fact a suspension is unlikely, doesn't really upset me, because have had more than our fair shares, of 'behind the scene' dirty, deliberate headshots. 

The part that I absolutely don't understand, is why Henrik's teammates didn't stand up for him, or at least try to run that guy over later in the game. Besides Biega, everyone watched Hank get crunched into the boards, by an allow to the face. Elder slowly skated over, and watched everything go down. I mean, Hank is the teamsbest player, and our leader, and you watch him get pummeled into the boards like that. Isn't this why we picked up Prust/Dorsett? 

If your going to play $&!#ty hockey, and lose 5-0, with next to zero effort put in, at least play tough, and don't let them physically dominate you. 

Agree we should not gave wasted time on having Prust do another grapple routine with McNabb....have never seen Prust actually win a fight, not sure why people consider him to be a tough guy. 

Like others have said, eye for an eye. Good old hockey, if no consequence the goons will be free to be goons. You know Sutter will think twice next time he sends out his goons if he knows his stars will get crushed as a consequence.

i was really impressed with Pedan and he is a guy that will make teams think twice if we use him properly.

What is sad is our useless coach does not have enough edge to build a team by ensuring there is a response on the ice....even at 4-0 or 5-0. Guess WD was more concerned with keeping the the Kings to under 6 goals.

2 hours ago, The_Cherry said:

It will end when we build a team that takes no prisoners and hands out instant retaliation. That is what I thought we were promised by JB. I hoped that we would break the mould with this rebuild. No more soft midgets. 

For that reason Higgins should have been gone years ago. Bo had better get his act together too, last night he backed off when he should have piled in.

In future we shouldn't have a line out there that doesn't have at least one man to answer the bell and all players should be instructed not to hold back if there is any trouble. Those who can't or won't push back need to be dealt. I'm sick of this team being pushed around and some of the players coming in are not what we were promised.

No more turning the other cheek. Make opposition cheap shot thugs pay instantly. Good on Biega for doing something this team has lacked since Rick. (apart from occasionally Bieksa back in the day) I would love to see a young "Rick Rypien" in this team.

34 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Agree we should not gave wasted time on having Prust do another grapple routine with McNabb....have never seen Prust actually win a fight, not sure why people consider him to be a tough guy. 

Like others have said, eye for an eye. Good old hockey, if no consequence the goons will be free to be goons. You know Sutter will think twice next time he sends out his goons if he knows his stars will get crushed as a consequence.

i was really impressed with Pedan and he is a guy that will make teams think twice if we use him properly.

What is sad is our useless coach does not have enough edge to build a team by ensuring there is a response on the ice....even at 4-0 or 5-0. Guess WD was more concerned with keeping the the Kings to under 6 goals.

Rubbish!

Go listen to the interview. He said that is what he wants to see from the team. 

Archived