The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada vs Sweden New Years Eve 10AM TSN

Gstank29

Watching Marner in his interview today was depressing. Someone needs to lighten up his attitude. The same can be said for all the big names on the team. Team Canada needs a Curtis lazar mr smiley pants to lighten them up and have fun while playing hard. I'm worried they are putting too much pressure on themselves. My favorite line from last year was "tic-tac tow" even Coach Benoit had a bit of personality to him. This year it seems just a little too serious for my blood. 

Just my thoughts. 

Go canada go !  Let's kick the swedes butt!

Yesterday, there was an interview that featured all the struggling players specifically. Basically, the reporters called them out which I think was pretty ridiculous as they're already going through adversity and the last thing they wanted was ignorant reporters nagging. It included Marner, Point, Crouse, Virtanen, Perlini I think (cant remember), and Coach Lowry.

Marner really looked pissed and looked like he was ready to knock someone out. They called him out for not being their during the crucial stages of the game. Virtanen said that the points would eventually come, and that he's more focused on trying to get the W and get the team involved rather than him doing the 'work'. He pinpointed that it's a team effort, not an individual effort only. Point was pretty much invisible other than that shoot-out last game and Point said he's gotta play better and lead the team in offence. Crouse was asked the easier questions regarding his size and physicality and if he'd bring that game over to Sweden.

Bob McKenzie also said Perlini would be the 13th forward coming into the Sweden game as he was towards the later stages of the Switz game. Pretty sure out of all the players, Perlini has struggled the most which really confuses me as he's a very good player.

My prediction.

We see whining about Virtanen, whining about Forsling.  Questions about Nylander.  Whining about why we didn't take Nylander even though he is most likely not playing and at some point people will make comments about what promises to be a seriously fun game to watch as it is all but do or die for canada right now.

either way cannot wait!!!!

Just now, Warhippy said:

My prediction.

We see whining about Virtanen, whining about Forsling.  Questions about Nylander.  Whining about why we didn't take Nylander even though he is most likely not playing and at some point people will make comments about what promises to be a seriously fun game to watch as it is all but do or die for canada right now.

either way cannot wait!!!!

Shoulda drafted Nick Ritchie.

SIKE

27 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Yesterday, there was an interview that featured all the struggling players specifically. Basically, the reporters called them out which I think was pretty ridiculous as they're already going through adversity and the last thing they wanted was ignorant reporters nagging. It included Marner, Point, Crouse, Virtanen, Perlini I think (cant remember), and Coach Lowry.

Marner really looked pissed and looked like he was ready to knock someone out. They called him out for not being their during the crucial stages of the game. Virtanen said that the points would eventually come, and that he's more focused on trying to get the W and get the team involved rather than him doing the 'work'. He pinpointed that it's a team effort, not an individual effort only. Point was pretty much invisible other than that shoot-out last game and Point said he's gotta play better and lead the team in offence. Crouse was asked the easier questions regarding his size and physicality and if he'd bring that game over to Sweden.

Bob McKenzie also said Perlini would be the 13th forward coming into the Sweden game as he was towards the later stages of the Switz game. Pretty sure out of all the players, Perlini has struggled the most which really confuses me as he's a very good player.

Point and Crouse have produced, just saying.

2 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Point and Crouse have produced, just saying.

Yet people still expect them to produce more. Out of Marner/Perlini/Virtanen/Point/Crouse, all except Perlini/Marner are returnees. They've had a lot of expectations put upon them and it isn't fair when you're bottom 6 isn't doing quite well. Quenneville has struggled, Beauvillier invisible, Gauthier looks pretty damn good, Chartier is good here and there, not consistently good though, Virtanen hasn't been doing great either but certainly not bad, (I'd say he's gone through much more adversity since he's the only NHL player on that roster), Perlini's been struggling too. 

And pfft, were only talking about the forwards here. Our defence hasn't been great other than Sanheim and Hicketts.

Archived