The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Curious case of scratching Andrey Pedan.

Positive Canuck

Poll : Why is Pedan scratched tonite ?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Considering Andrey Pedan is exactly whats been missing from the back end it makes very little sense why this 6'5 force , who is playing hard and physical ,is being replaced by the human pylon Yannick "Softer than a babys ass" Weber.

What is happening here  ?

Reporter : How did you think the line of Higgins-Vey-Burrows performed this evening ?
  -4 tonite and not 1 registered a shot on goal or a single bodycheck between the 3 of them.
Do you regret double shifting them in the 3rd period when you were only down by 2 ?

WD : (rocking back and forth, twitching) " Oh i don't know about that..you know..ummm they were good , in fact i thought Vey was real good. at the time Anaheim was pounding us there... when we lost Daniel to that headshot ,  i thought we should ride them as much as possible there , you saw us loading up there Weber and Bart there , i thought we had a real good chance at coming back and winning , tough league to win when u have as many injuries as we do but over all i thought they were good ...real good.

Reporter : Any regrets not dressing Pedan tonight after Daniel Sedin left on stretcher ?

WD : Well i didn't see the play but i trust the league to take appropriate action. In the meantime we'll have Higgy on the top line filling in.

Audible chuckles and gasps in the room

TC Carling : Ok thanks guys were done here.

4 hours ago, Oliewud said:

Whats happening is we have absolutely *edit* management making puzzling decisions every other week...honestly there has been so many WTF moments

Coaching , yes , terrible . I still think Benning will build us a beauty. 

I'm fine with the losing and tanking , but don't get beat up and bullied while doing so FFS.

18 minutes ago, Oliewud said:

22 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Tanev's back, but I'd much rather Pedan than Weber

Edler - Tanev

Bartkowski - Biega

Hutton - Weber

I guess he doesn't want Hutton and Pedan together, fair enough.

rather  see

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Biega

Pedan-Bart

and Weber never in a jersey.

next year 

Edler-Buff  

Hutton-Tanev

Pedan-Tryamkin

Bart-Biega

It was also curious to dump Tom Sestito.

No, actually it wasn't.  I'm not sure what else people are expecting from Pedan, but the NHL is heading away from fighting in general.  It's leading to too many concussions and suicides and that is bad for business.

9 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

No, actually it wasn't.  I'm not sure what else people are expecting from Pedan, but the NHL is heading away from fighting in general.  It's leading to too many concussions and suicides and that is bad for business.

The fighting factor isn't a major part of people losing their minds over the decision. 

We have ZERO imposing size, strength, toughness and intimidation on the blue line. NO ONE to clear the case, protect our goalie or prevent others from taking liberties on our players. This doesn't seem to concern WD as Weber is continually handed a spot. 

Tanking or not, WD's decision are just a mind f*ck and a half. People complained about AV and Torts but I am starting to really appreciate and miss them at this point. 

17 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

You have obviously never watched pedan play.  He has top 4 potential.  

11 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

No, actually it wasn't.  I'm not sure what else people are expecting from Pedan,

Pedan can skate, he has some decent skills, he's nasty in front of our net (only guy) and when he does fight he throws hands with extremely bad intentions.  oh... and he's 6'5 ?  smh

but the NHL is heading away from fighting in general.  

BUT KEEPING WITH BLIND ELBOWS TO SEDINS UNPUNISHED AND ALLOWING HEADHUNTING

It's leading to too many concussions and suicides and that is bad for business.

IF THEY CARED THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN MCNABB 3 GAMES.

I'm not sure what to think of this season anymore. I was looking forward to the draft but we might play ourselves out of a high pick once we get healthy. I might have looked forward to the playoffs but I don't think we make that either. This is the first year since I became a fan around ~07 that I will not watch more than 2/3 of Canucks games. Not only are they losing, but they are a bland, boring hockey team.

I'd rather watch the Oilers and Flames lose than the Canucks win. That's how bad it is.

29 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

I've officially lost my patience with WD. 

His head is up in the clouds and to me doesn't seem like he is ready to be a head coach at this level. 

this is what happens when the first gm interviewed gets the job, and then the first coach interviewed gets the job

Archived