The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada vs Laine and Puljujarvi 8am TSN

Gstank29

Go big or go home tomorrow. 

I still think Canada has enough skill to win. It comes down to who wants it more and who is willing to put in the hard work with the tenacity to pull through.

TC has shown zero of that so far. 

This is probably one of those times where you know Canada just won't have what it takes. 

Finland will easily destroy Canada if we are not disciplined and if we aren't using our line-mates. 

3-2 Canada?

Afraid to watch this one. Just haven't seen enough from Canada. Maybe it's just sour grapes, but I'm becoming less and less intrigued by the WJHC when so many of the players that are young enough to play in the tournament are instead playing in the NHL. It becomes more and more like the World Hockey Championships and less like the Olympics. 

I hope that the kids can win back to back championships, but nothing that they have shown so far leads me to believe that they can do it. While it's possible to beat the Fins, in their barn, it will be Canada's last meaningful win. They just aren't good enough this time around.

Just now, Qwags said:

You had a good run, Canada.

If our goalie plays fabulously we might have a very slim, almost maybe chance of not getting slaughtered too badly.  Heck, we might even stay within a couple.  These kids might just surprise us all, and only lose by 2 or 3, so let's not give up on them so quickly.:ph34r:

Archived