The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Captain John Scott

If he actually plays, this would be the first time ever that I would at least watch PART of the All Star game. It's such a boring game with no entertainment value whatsoever. Having a guy like Scott play, who has the skill of a beer league player, gives people like me hope.

::D Don't know why so many people are dissing this,,, I am totally going to watch the Pacific team now.

The prize money would be a big deal to a guy like Scott, who makes league minimum.

Also, Scott does not have the skill of a 'beer league player' who can 'barely skate'. It's hyperbolic nonsense. Even the lowliest NHL player would make the average hockey player look like a peewee.

We have live footage at the Scott residence showing the captain's response to the news:

1.jpg

He didn't want to be in it as it looked gimmicky as it was and now he's actually going to be called upon to "lead" a group of more talented team-mates?  He must be saying FFS  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is Scott's being a captain, selecting his team, similar to us watching the results of a car crash: we know it's going to be horrific, but we just can't help sneaking a peak?  Could this all be an NHL marketing ploy?

He doesn't get to select the team.

The remaining 40 players who will comprise the four All-Star rosters – consisting of six forwards, three defensemen and two goaltenders per team – will be determined by the National Hockey League Hockey Operations Department and announced on Wednesday, Jan. 6.

1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

He doesn't get to select the team.

Honestly though, if he had to, wouldn't you think Scott would be competent at selecting an All Star lineup?

I mean, the armchair GMs on this board do it every day, Scott has actually played against all of these people.

Just now, Mustapha said:

Honestly though, if he had to, wouldn't you think Scott would be competent at selecting an All Star lineup?

I mean, the armchair GMs on this board do it every day, Scott has actually played against all of these people.

I agree with you.  I wouldn't have any issue with it as the All-Star game is just a big schmooze-fest for the NHL and doesn't mean anything anyways.  I just wanted to correct the inaccurate statement about Scott selecting the team.

Archived