The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

Joe Yerdon‏@JoeYerdon

Looking at the deals for Niederreiter and Turris, you're basically looking at a roster player and a not-first-round pick.

Joe Yerdon ‏@JoeYerdon  1h1 hour ago

Nino was traded for Cal Clutterbuck and a third and Turris was traded for David Rundblad and a second.

Like Drouin, Turris was also a No. 3 pick in the draft. Not saying that's what Drouin's price will be, but that's where the bar is.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Don't see him coming here.  This could end up being a Coho situation.

Druin would get the same ice time in Vancouver as what he's been getting in Tampa.::D

If Drouin came to Vancouver, I'd happily take out Hansen from the top line and experiment a much skilled forward with the Sedins. If doesn't work, I'd put back Hansen at the top line.

We gotta at least try and get him. As someone said above this could turn out to be like Seguin 2.0

Not exactly a huge fan of advanced stats, but his underlying numbers put him up there with the elite of the NHL. I mean yeah small sample size but still the dude is insanely talented.

1 minute ago, Hidden Panda said:

Do we have a 2nd this year? If so, I'd wanna do Horvat or McCann+2nd+3rd for Drouin.

Nope. I believe we shipped it to Pittsburgh? Clendening, 2016 2nd, and Bonino for Sutter and a pick? Can't remember. And that 2016 pick was acquired from the Bieksa deal I believe. Forgot where our original 2016 2nd round pick went. Although, were supposed to get a 2nd round compensation from CBJ however, it could either be 2016/2017/2018. 

I didnt know he had drama queen issues.  Would be a sick pickup though if he can mature fast enough.  Drouin - Horvat - Virtanen.  bee epic i tell ya.  id package baerschi maybe shink.  like the way shinks playing tho this year lol.  Droun - McCann combo be sick too.  Id consider a deal around Horvat but Horvats intangibles. i donno mang. prob not.  

We might do Jensen, Baertschi, Saunther, 2nd maybe.

I could see them seriously wanting someone like Sutter. I like him a lot though.  Sutter playing 2nd line C role would keep them competitve if Stammer leaves.

i hope we atleast make an offer, but almost all teams in the league will be inquiring. But like above poster the returns arent as high as many expect

baertschi has similar skillset to him, could be a nice fit with stamkos

so after seeing the above deals

baertschi 2nd is probly all benning offers

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I should add...must REALLY suck to be Yzerman right now facing the prospect of losing 2 of your highest touted offensive players in Stamkos and Drouin.

While nothing is in stone yet the rumours about Stamkos and now this.  Questionable

It is, makes me wonder what is going on in Tampa. Is there some sort of bad blood between the players and management? I feel like there is some sort of tension, like you said, nothing in stone yet, but Drouin has now publicly released that he wants out. Gotta wonder what's going on.

9 minutes ago, Nas19 said:

We gotta at least try and get him. As someone said above this could turn out to be like Seguin 2.0

Not exactly a huge fan of advanced stats, but his underlying numbers put him up there with the elite of the NHL. I mean yeah small sample size but still the dude is insanely talented.

Of course Benning will be kicking the tires on this but if he doesn't get Drouin, we'll never know what he offered.

12 minutes ago, Odd. said:

If Drouin came to Vancouver, I'd happily take out Hansen from the top line and experiment a much skilled forward with the Sedins. If doesn't work, I'd put back Hansen at the top line.

The only way a rookie sees the top line is if there's injuries.  Drouin gets the usual rookie treatment in Van and wants a trade.

17 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Joe Yerdon‏@JoeYerdon

Looking at the deals for Niederreiter and Turris, you're basically looking at a roster player and a not-first-round pick.

Nino was traded for Cal Clutterbuck and a third and Turris was traded for David Rundblad and a second.

Like Drouin, Turris was also a No. 3 pick in the draft. Not saying that's what Drouin's price will be, but that's where the bar is.

Drouin for Edler and CBJ second.

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Nope. I believe we shipped it to Pittsburgh? Clendening, 2016 2nd, and Bonino for Sutter and a pick? Can't remember.

That was the Anaheim 2nd round pick (from the Bieksa trade), Vancouver still has its 2nd round pick, additionally it has the rights to the Blue Jacket's 2nd round pick (depending on when they give it up). Sadly I don't think it will be this year as they aren't doing very well and that pick looks to be a high 30th pick. 

I don't think we need Drouin honestly. Not to say adding a winger with offensive upside like him isn't a luxury it is, however, I don't think the Canucks have the pieces to make the deal work. I wouldn't go after him on the premise that he 'maybe' Seguin 2.0. That's just bad reasoning. Furthermore, I don't think the Canucks should move any draft picks as they are too valuable at this state of the franchise where they lack serious defence depth. 

I am also not interested in moving any of our current youth: Mccan, Cassels, Horvat, ShinkuarkVirtanen (regardless of his current hate), Demko, Pedan or anything like that. The only players I would consider moving is Vey and/or Baertschi, neither of which would get the deal done. Perhaps adding veteran players to their roster would help with what looks like a big and maybe final year for them to push for the cup. So maybe a Hammer, Prust, Vrbata, and Hansen type player would go into the deal (I would be okay with that too).

The Canucks should be adding draft picks (another first preferably), I don't think getting Drouin is necessary as the last two high picks we had went into high skilled wingers. We need a top centre and a top defensemen honestly, look for them.  

Edler is the only guy who can make Stevie Y pick up the phone, and Benning has made it clear which direction team is going. Hockey gods are supplying so many ways for Benning to do a quick rebuild, but he can't grasp the idea. Drouin would look great on Canucks'. 

This is why the critics continue to bash this team because if they said we are rebuilding, they would be in realistic trade partners. Drouin for Edler would be the trade to make and it would allow this team to tank and nab a top 5 this year. Hence rebuilding but what management is doing with the team is something else lol

Archived