The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

4 hours ago, LuckyLuciano said:

Would you take Monahan or McKinnon? In a redraft 

Probably, Monahan. But that's probably because he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders and I've heard nothing but bad things about Mackinnon from my friend who played with him.

42 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Yea id say no aswell. I was just guessing at what they would be asking. And it would more than likely be McCann which i think no one is ready to part with.

Well. Get the feeling that McCann is already contributing to the big club here with the Canucks, and well, Drouin is spending time still in the AHL. But even with that in mind, Tampa management is still going to ask a ton in return. Benning did admit that he's had talks with them, but feels like we don't have the prospect depth to recover from a trade like that. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Well. Get the feeling that McCann is already contributing to the big club here with the Canucks, and well, Drouin is spending time still in the AHL. But even with that in mind, Tampa management is still going to ask a ton in return. Benning did admit that he's had talks with them, but feels like we don't have the prospect depth to recover from a trade like that. 

We dont. Id stay far away from it. I like the path we are on. I dont wanna see us lose a guy like McCann or Boeser 

I honestly don't want a 20 year old with this much entitlement.

I'd sooner pick my own in the 2016 draft. 

The draft pick and Drouin have both proven nothing at the NHL level so why give up anything for something you can get for free. 

31 minutes ago, D'Angelo Russell said:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=796078&navid=nhl:topheads

Article on NHL.com on Jonathan Drouin. Definitely sounds too entitled, despite the talent. 

quite unfortunate. he's got the talent to succeed and do very well. it's too bad he's got a poor attitude about his circumstances. 

i'd stay away from him. too bad for tampa. he's not doing them any good with his attitude, and tampa management must have a headache dealing with this kid. Drouin's situation kind of reminds me of when we had Hodgson. Look how that turned out for us. 

I'm starting to think that it's an Yzerman issue. Is it just me or when St. Louis requests a trade out, Stamkos bing so difficult to sign and Druin now requesting a trade. I haven't heard of many teams that have had that many problems with players since Gillis with Luongo, and Kesler. 

As for trading for him the most I'd give up is Horvat and a second round draft pick.

7 minutes ago, smokes said:

I'm starting to think that it's an Yzerman issue. Is it just me or when St. Louis requests a trade out, Stamkos bing so difficult to sign and Druin now requesting a trade. I haven't heard of many teams that have had that many problems with players since Gillis with Luongo, and Kesler. 

As for trading for him the most I'd give up is Horvat and a second round draft pick.

Or a Cooper issue. 2 stars and their number 1 prospect tells me is not the payers. 

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

quite unfortunate. he's got the talent to succeed and do very well. it's too bad he's got a poor attitude about his circumstances. 

i'd stay away from him. too bad for tampa. he's not doing them any good with his attitude, and tampa management must have a headache dealing with this kid. Drouin's situation kind of reminds me of when we had Hodgson. Look how that turned out for us. 

while I agree that attitude is a concern here, this ain't no CoHo... 

I've heard players in LATER drafts being compared to Drouin. Like... his skillset is so unique that he is ALREADY a comparable for up-and-coming players. 

This isn't Yakupov, this is a Canadian kid. He is one of the most purely talented offensive players in recent drafts who is just bursting at the seams waiting for a chance to be a star in this league. If he were a Canucks pick, he'd be on the billboard already, and that's why he's upset - he's that good.

Proven nothing at the pro level, sure. But in today's NHL you almost have to treat budding stars like they're already stars. Our team sells A LOT of Horvat jerseys for a guy who hasn't put up too many points in this league...

in my humble opinion, this is exactly the kind of player we need to pursue. The fact that he has perceived "entitlement" issues should be of little concern to us - we need a player that grabs the starring role and runs with it. You have to be "entitled" to even attempt to fill that role. We don't have anybody like that at present. If we can get even a sniff of Drouin for a package of Vrbata + a young player not named Bo, Jared, or Jake + a 2nd or 3rd, we go for it. Because chances are we'll have another highly talented player coming in at the 2016 draft, and we will be an entirely new team going into next year. 

I mean... if Baertschi is a project worth investing in, Drouin would be that tenfold.

I love how some people go on on about perceived character flaws in players any time there's any sort of contract issue.  As if taking on these players would irreparably damage the vaunted Canucks dressing room. 

When Subban was holding out in Montreal people didn't want him because he was "a selfish player and a dressing room cancer"

When there were issues with Seguin in Boston people didn't want anything to do with the "party boy" who couldn't commit to the team concept. 

Drouin wants to be in a situation where he's set up to succeed and he's "entitled". 

Im not saying some players off ice issues aren't a co verb. Kassian clearly proves that they can be. But making blanket statements about a players character based on one or two incidents seems really short sighted.  

51 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I love how some people go on on about perceived character flaws in players any time there's any sort of contract issue.  As if taking on these players would irreparably damage the vaunted Canucks dressing room. 

When Subban was holding out in Montreal people didn't want him because he was "a selfish player and a dressing room cancer"

When there were issues with Seguin in Boston people didn't want anything to do with the "party boy" who couldn't commit to the team concept. 

Drouin wants to be in a situation where he's set up to succeed and he's "entitled". 

Im not saying some players off ice issues aren't a co verb. Kassian clearly proves that they can be. But making blanket statements about a players character based on one or two incidents seems really short sighted.  

This is true, we don't know enough about the situation to label Drouin entitled, nor can we speculate as to why he wants to go. There's enough evidence in Tampa, be it MSL asking for a trade or Stamkos walking for free, to make the judgement that there could be a rift with management and it's players. 

With the examples you have provided, namely Seguin and Subban, you could add Neiderreiter and Turris to that too, as some players just need a change of scenery to succeed. It's far too common now to label any player as being entitled when they simply want the best opportunity for themselves.  

54 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Well, let's see...

Drouin - 40pts in 89 NHL games, +4

Horvat - 36pts in 108 NHL games, -27

Yet, Horvat has proven everything, while Drouin has proven nothing???

Goes quite a bit deeper than that when you factor in ice time, quality of line mates quality of competition and PP time.  One is fed better everything one has started from da bottom now hes hur

1 hour ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Well, let's see...

Drouin - 40pts in 89 NHL games, +4

Horvat - 36pts in 108 NHL games, -27

Yet, Horvat has proven everything, while Drouin has proven nothing???

And dont forget how reliable Drouin is in his own end, on the PK and in the faceoff circle.

Oh wait.... 

Archived