The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I need some quick advice on linking twitter/linkedin

Mainly Mattias

Should I put my twitter handle on my linkedin profile or just keep them separate?

The context:  I created a twitter account in 2015 as an experiment and have been using it to 'bookmark' interesting articles. I was thinking maybe it might help to link it to my linkedin profile to show that I'm keeping up with the latest relevant news.  Problem is, my tweets are on infosec, risk and legal news, but I'm trying to get into business analysis as a career. 

Is there any benefit to adding the twitter handle, or would it just add confusion?

Any thoughts?  Thanks, guys.

Personally, I can't see it adding much to your resume, though it does depend on the position(s) you are intending on acquiring. If I were an employer, I'd probably only check Twitter and/or Facebook to see if there's anything negative on there, as opposed to positive things. I don't think it would really hurt to add it, but I wouldn't do it myself. Just my own thoughts.

22 hours ago, ajhockey said:

Personally, I can't see it adding much to your resume, though it does depend on the position(s) you are intending on acquiring. If I were an employer, I'd probably only check Twitter and/or Facebook to see if there's anything negative on there, as opposed to positive things. I don't think it would really hurt to add it, but I wouldn't do it myself. Just my own thoughts.

True..  good point.

11 hours ago, jdatb said:

Honestly, unless all you use your twitter account for is to like/RT stuff related to your career, I'd keep it separate from any job application, linkedIn, resume, etc.

Yep, it's all work/career related.  No personal stuff at all.

OK, thanks for the input, guys.  I'll leave it off.

Archived