Sign in to follow this  
Gstank29

Emerson Etem | RW/LW

I know these last few nothing games are hard to judge a player by, but Etem was scoring at a 15-goal pace by the season's end and playing some nice solid physical hockey along with decent defence AT TIMES.

I think we may have a middle-6 forward on our hands. 2nd liner at the very best, he may have a 20 goal season or two up his sleeves, if not he's a fantastic 3rd line winger.

I've had my issues with Willie but one of the many things he was right about is Etem needing to find some confidence in his game.  He's still got a lot to learn but in this last stretch of games we're beginning to see what he's capable of.  Let's hope he has a good summer and shows well enough in camp to make the team.  There's going to be a lot more competition than we're used to.

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

I've had my issues with Willie but one of the many things he was right about is Etem needing to find some confidence in his game.  He's still got a lot to learn but in this last stretch of games we're beginning to see what he's capable of.  Let's hope he has a good summer and shows well enough in camp to make the team.  There's going to be a lot more competition than we're used to.

If the Canucks resurrect Etem's career Willie will have a big part of that. Add Baer to the same equation and WD likely stays for another year. Canucks will not be a contender next year either so I am OK with that.

• Upvote 1

Won't know for another 33 hours... I'm gonna say probably not, but given his size and speed some teams may give him a look. (Leafs, Canes, Panthers have injuries too)

Kinda cool to see him go back to Anaheim. His family is there and he did just have his first kid

I honestly feel we will get Etem back this season.

Anaheim is not in a great shape now, They have 47 contracts and 2 RFAs in Rakell and Lindholm needing (big) contracts.

Their roster currently has 25 players (Thompson on IR) and the 2 RFAs. Unless Anaheim can manage a fair deal by Dec, they most likely need to waive a player back in order to fit everyone in. My guess is they will waive Etem and we will just pick him back up (barring any trades on our end) and send him back to Utica.

So, this might not be the end with Etem yet... but chances are indeed slim.

Edited by Gerbera