The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Emerson Etem | RW/LW

Gstank29

3 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

He's fast, strong, and skilled. Whats not to like about him?

Im sure vince staples is a big canuck fan now!

Sorry to burst your bubble of joy over this trade HTK, but Mrs. Alf says Jensen is cuter than Etem.:shock:

27 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

The way I see it, the chances of the Rangers winning with Jensen are extremely low. Their roster looks very strong right now. Just like with the Canucks, I expect Jensen will be near the bottom of their AHL call up pool.

The only way Rangers can win here is if they find buried treasure with that draft pick, which is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

So at worst for the Canucks, this trade is merely neutral. AHL player swap. At best, Etem proves he deserves to be in the NHL.

Except Etem isn't in the AHL as he's waiver eligible. Sure, he's just been sent down on the conditioning stint, but moving him for a player in the AHL frees up an NHL roster spot for now.

Just now, DeNiro said:

No but when the GM actually has an idea of what kind of identity he wants his team to have, you're better off than having no plan at all.

MG had the same plan, but he made nucks hockey boring, because of it, as he most of the time left skill out the window.

Good for JB on taking risks using 2nd rnd picks to make out from it tho.

4 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

MG had the same plan, but he made nucks hockey boring, because of it, as he most of the time left skill out the window.

Gillis deviated from his plan after 2011 and tried to make the team tougher by trading skill for toughness, and he ended up with a team that was neither skilled or tough enough.

As for trading 2nd round picks, if this team didn't have such and embarrassing draft record, maybe he wouldn't have to fill in the glaring holes. I don't think many people are complaining about the Baertschi trade right now.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Gillis deviated from his plan after 2011 and tried to make the team tougher by trading skill for toughness, and he ended up with a team that was neither skilled or tough enough.

As for trading 2nd round picks, if this team didn't have such and embarrassing draft record, maybe he wouldn't have to fill in the glaring holes. I don't think many people are complaining about the Baertschi trade right now.

I agree.  I think JB is doing a good job, considering he is building his team, while being competitive, and all the while filling the gaping hole left in our prospects by MG

16 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

I'm sorry but this wrong. Canucks hockey was boring under Nonis. SN ratings were horrendously low, they were complaining to the team about style of play. When MG came in first thing he did was change the style of play.

During MG's tenure, Canucks hockey was the most entertaining hockey I've ever seen, it was on par with 1994 season before the dead puck era. 

6 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

gamebreaker .lol   only thing I can make of this is someones on the way out on the bottom 3 or hes maybe a part of a package cause what does he have that the canucks need, dime a dozen player really

So are average 22 year old AHLers.

No loss. Only room to gain.

2 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

This kid should have turned out better than he has so far.

Comes from a family with a real athletic pedigree.

Good speed, decent size, and real skills.

Showed excellent abilities in junior.  61 goals in the WHL is nothing to laugh about.

Came up to Anaheim, and had a decent first year between the AHL and NHL... but for some reason trailed off.

This kid is one of Benning's PROJECTS, just like Baerschi.

The only thing I am worried about is he might be a bit of a Party Animal... like Kassian.

Was known for his complaint about the lack of nightlife in Medicine Hat and also Buffalo when he played the World Junior's there.

If he has a substance abuse problem, then we have an issue.

One clue is his weight in junior was 190... but he is now listed at 210, which is a BIG gain in weight even from 18 to 23.  Unless he is pounding back the Brewskies.

But Jensen wasn't really panning out... for what reason it is hard to tell since he had all the physical tools to be an NHLer.

This post is all kinds of funny.

9 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

gamebreaker .lol   only thing I can make of this is someones on the way out on the bottom 3 or hes maybe a part of a package cause what does he have that the canucks need, dime a dozen player really

Really?  How so?  He's big, fast, skilled, tough, and proven he can score.  I could see, dime a dozen, if he was a small and a soft perimiter player: Vey, William Nylander, Ehlers. 

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm sorry but this wrong. Canucks hockey was boring under Nonis. SN ratings were horrendously low, they were complaining to the team about style of play. When MG came in first thing he did was change the style of play.

During MG's tenure, Canucks hockey was the most entertaining hockey I've ever seen, it was on par with 1994 season before the dead puck era. 

After the 2011 cup run like Deniro said MG chased toughness and left skill doing it

4 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

ya but he has never produced and you know as well as I do that if you don't have a history of producing it doesn't just show up one day in the NHL.

He doesn't have a history of producing? He has produced at every level but the NHL so far.

In 2012-13 he put up 5 points in 7 games for the Ducks in the playoffs. He has produced when given a chance, he just hasn't stuck anywhere for long enough to gain any traction.

Lots of young players have gone to new teams and found their game. I wouldn't rule that out in this case.

Archived