Sign in to follow this  
Gstank29

Emerson Etem | RW/LW

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe he's a SPARK plug?:shock:

maybe .   I think they  are thinking shinkaruk line mate can get something outa him.   Utica 2way good for building the farm team as a steady winner  like deniro says hes an AHL allstar like Cal Oreilly

Edited by chilliwiggins

7 minutes ago, Vancanwincup said:

Canucks are getting a player already on the cusp of becoming an NHL regular, with a first round pedigree and skills to show.

ya but they are giving one up plus a 7th, although yes I would agree Jenson is an easy choice .    I think Utica could benefit the most

Edited by chilliwiggins

8 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

maybe .   I think they  are thinking shinkaruk line mate can get something outa him.   Utica 2way good for building the farm team as a steady winner  like deniro says hes an AHL allstar like Cal Oreilly

Sorry, I've never heard of Cal Oreilly.  Like everyone has pretty much been saying here: we didn't give up anything, so no harm no foul.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sorry, I've never heard of Cal Oreilly.  Like everyone has pretty much been saying here: we didn't give up anything, so no harm no foul.

He was the Comets captain last season. That was his attempt at being funny.

The guy is clearly trolling. He knows nothing about either player, and just wants to get a reaction.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cal oreilly led the comets to the calder final last year, good player at that level just cant convert it to nhl though.

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

Cal oreilly led the comets to the calder final last year, good player at that level just cant convert it to nhl though.

Oh.  Is that a relation to ROR on Buffalo?

i like this Etem's skill set.  If he can take Prust's place that works for me, and I would call it a good move by JB.  I remember Tanner Glass was like that too.  We had a guy here, many years ago, Sergio Momesso.  He was like that too.  Those guys really can help a team, in other ways than score, plus the can put a couple in now and then.  I think Momesso does the Hab's radio?

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He was the Comets captain last season. That was his attempt at being funny.

The guy is clearly trolling. He knows nothing about either player, and just wants to get a reaction.

I'm okay with opposing views, presented in this way.  Someone earlier posted that Etem was known to be a bit of a partier too. Couldnt all opposing views be considered trolling, because they cause some fans to be upset?  

I just saw DiNero in play the monster in Frankenstein.  Sad movie actually.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm okay with opposing views, presented in this way.  Someone earlier posted that Etem was known to be a bit of a partier too. Couldnt all opposing views be considered trolling, because they cause some fans to be upset?  

I just saw DiNero in play the monster in Frankenstein.  Sad movie actually.

Opposing views are fine. Ignoring facts and making ridiculous statements about players is not.

Etem those chickens rn.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Opposing views are fine. Ignoring facts and making ridiculous statements about players is not.

I guess the true image of who we really are is how others perceive us, and not how we see ourselves.  

Anyone else remember this tweet from Etem?:

etemtweet

Not using it against him, just thought it was worth a chuckle.

Just now, Brad Marchand said:

etemtweet

I don't remember, when was this?

2 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

etemtweet

Am Albertan, can comfirm stories about MH.

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

etemtweet

I think people that know both of those cities know that's true.

Remember that these guys only spend a fraction of their days on hockey. They do wanna have lives outside the rink.

Shows he has a sense of humor at least.

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think people that know both of those cities know that's true.

Remember that these guys only spend a fraction of their days on hockey. They do wanna have lives outside the rink.

Shows he has a sense of humor at least.

You find this funny?  Some might find it an ignorant statement made by a person who needs to grow up.  I do t know much about this Etem guy, but from what I'm learning here, he has a great skill set in a heavy body.  He might be a bit immature though, which might be good timing for us.  Didn't Big Todd come to us at about the same age?

Just now, Alflives said:

You find this funny?  Some might find it an ignorant statement made by a person who needs to grow up.  I do t know much about this Etem guy, but from what I'm learning here, he has a great skill set in a heavy body.  He might be a bit immature though, which might be good timing for us.  Didn't Big Todd come to us at about the same age?

How can it be ignorant? He spent 3 years living in Medicine Hat, I'm sure he knows it very well.

As for Buffalo being a ghost town, I think that cities reputation is well established. He's not the first one to make negative comments about Buffalo.

I don't see it being immature, he's just making a joke. I see Kane's post with the stacks of money being immature.

• Upvote 1

The quote was from the World Juniors when it was in Buffalo.

Some might ask, why is this kid focused on having fun in Buffalo instead of winning the tournament?

Same goes with his comments about Medicine Hat.

It may be nothing, or it may be something else.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How can it be ignorant? He spent 3 years living in Medicine Hat, I'm sure he knows it very well.

As for Buffalo being a ghost town, I think that cities reputation is well established. He's not the first one to make negative comments about Buffalo.

I don't see it being immature, he's just making a joke. I see Kane's post with the stacks of money being immature.

The immaturity comes from his posting insulting comments in a public forum, when he's a public figure who represents his team and league.  In other words, don't you think he should know better?  

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

As an 18-19 year old? No.

People are allowed to have opinions. If you don't like them don't follow them.

I hate the age we live in where everyone gets so offended over everything. Some people need to get some thicker skin.

I'm not saying I'm offended.  I'm saying, when a player makes statements that are insulting two cities in a public manner, he is doing so as a representative of his team and his league.  That shows immaturity.  Evander Kane simply made himself look foolish.  What Etem wrote was a direct insult to two cities, one of which has an NHL franchise.  

I agree we need to live in a more free society, where political correctness is not the rule of order, but this is not about that.  This is about an employee, publicly insulting one of his employer's cities.  

• Upvote 1