The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Curtis Valk | C/LW

Rollieo Del Fuego

There doesn't seem to be a Curtis Valk talk so I am starting one.

If it doesn't get shut down I will add some stat's to this first post.

Curtis is back playing and has 7 points in 3 games in the Zoo (2g,5a)...correction it is now 8 points in 4 games.

It can't be long before he get's a call up to the Comets.

Curtis Valk
Center
Born Feb 8 1993  -- Medicine Hat, ALTA 
Height 5.09 -- Weight 170 -- Shoots R

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----
Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009-10  Brooks Bandits              AJHL    2    0    0    0    0  --  --  --  --  --
2009-10  Medicine Hat Tigers         WHL     4    0    0    0    2  --  --  --  --  --
2010-11  Medicine Hat Tigers         WHL    56    8    9   17   19  15   1   4   5   6
2011-12  Medicine Hat Tigers         WHL    67   24   31   55   35   8   6   4  10   4
2012-13  Medicine Hat Tigers         WHL    71   46   45   91   54   8   3   2   5   4
2013-14  Medicine Hat Tigers         WHL    72   47   45   92   36  18  12   9  21  10
2014-15  Kalamazoo Wings             ECHL   31   11   19   30   12  --  --  --  --  --
2014-15  Utica Comets                AHL     1    0    0    0    0  --  --  --  --  --
2015-16  Utica Comets*               AHL    Statistics Unavailable
2015-16  Kalamazoo Wings             ECHL    4    2    6    8    8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* No longer on active roster. Current statistics as of 2016-01-10

Etem, Vey, Shinkaruk, Wacey Hamilton, and Valk all played on the same Medicine Hat Tigers team. 

I was impressed with Valk in the prospects tourney. Close to 50 goals in each of his last two WHL seasons, and a PPG as a rookie in the ECHL. He definitely has some potential, I wouldn't mind seeing him move up and Cassels move down to try and find his game and get more minutes. 

9 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Etem, Vey, Shinkaruk, Wacey Hamilton, and Valk all played on the same Medicine Hat Tigers team. 

I was impressed with Valk in the prospects tourney. Close to 50 goals in each of his last two WHL seasons, and a PPG as a rookie in the ECHL. He definitely has some potential, I wouldn't mind seeing him move up and Cassels move down to try and find his game and get more minutes. 

ya or would allow gaunce to go back to wing. I would think or hope that Vey is going to be sent down before his 10th game. Sounds like sutter and sbisa are possible to return on our road trip

47 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

There doesn't seem to be a Curtis Valk talk so I am starting one.

If it doesn't get shut down I will add some stat's to this first post.

Curtis is back playing and has 7 points in 3 games in the Zoo (2g,5a)...correction it is now 8 points in 4 games.

It can't be long before he get's a call up to the Comets. ...

Thanks for the update. I had been wondering when he would play again after losing the second half of last year to injury. It looks like the injury took him out for about a year. I think it was his knee and you always worry if he will come back 100%.

I like Valk and would like to see him do well. I hope he gets a shot with the Comets.

He does not have a Canuck contract but I think of him of an "unofficial" Canuck. I don't suppose it is likely he will ever make the NHL but I am impressed by his commitment.

• 3 weeks later...

1.  The Canucks don't own his NHL rights and don't have him under contract.  He is on an AHL contract with the Comets, who called him up briefly but assigned him back to Kalamazoo January 16.

2.  I don't know anything more than what is on his stat line.  Since returning from injury he's played 1 game with the Comets (0 g, 0 ast, 0 PIM, +/- 0) and 8 with the Wings (3 g, 8 ast, 8 PIM and +3.) 

He's definitely worth signing. I expect that he'll be inked to a two year entry deal this summer. He's earned at least that and it's my opinion that had it not been for his injury, Valk would've been playing in Utica this season, since he's been tearing it up in the ECHL.

• 1 month later...

Archived