The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is Fred Brathwaite's role with the Canucks?

HockeyNut30

When I was at the Arizona game a few days ago I saw Fred Brathwaite standing on the bench during warmup. I know he's trying to become a goalie coach in the NHL and is working with Hockey Canada to achieve that. Just wondering if anyone had any info on his current (if any) role with the Canucks or if he was just hanging out?

24 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Thanks for the reply but that article does not at all mention the Vancouver Canucks. I googled my question before posting and found that exact article which is why I'm asking here.

1 hour ago, HockeyNut30 said:

When I was at the Arizona game a few days ago I saw Fred Brathwaite standing on the bench during warmup. I know he's trying to become a goalie coach in the NHL and is working with Hockey Canada to achieve that. Just wondering if anyone had any info on his current (if any) role with the Canucks or if he was just hanging out?

Hanging out.  There was pizza on the bench, and he was hoping for a slice.

Rod Brathwaite works with the Canucks as Manager of Hockey Development. He used to run the Centre of Excellence at Rogers Arena which was associated with Hockey Canada and BC Hockey. I used to spend lots of time there picking up coaching materials and practice plans. His job has changed a bit but he is sort of a liaison between the Canucks and all levels of community hockey (kind of a PR role)

Another question - What is Corey Hirsch's role as a Sportsnet analyst? I see his face when I'm blasting through Canucks intermissions on my PVR recording. Is he a hater because we waived him after four years of service?

14 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Cory Hirsh is the cats behind probably the best sportsnet analyst besides the Canuck pacific crew Garret,Valk etc.

I'll bite, this thread can convert to Corey talk. I like his analysis and openess in discussing on ice play.

Archived