The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vrbata. Have you seen enough ?

Positive Canuck

At 5 million a year I've seen enough of the Ghost of Vrbata.

Dude is playing his trade value into the dirt.

So perimeter, cant pass, cant snipe, softer than charmin playing not to get hurt.

Really not wanting to see him floating around much longer.

Whats he worth ?

Would you support management moving him asap even if its for a late rounder ?

Guessing his value is a 3rd....maybe a late second...but probably ends up a 4th

What do we do with this guy ?

Maybe Benning has to tell twitchy that Vrbata needs to be stapled on the first line until the deadline or a deal is made before he loses all value.

1 minute ago, Positive Canuck said:

At 5 million a year I've seen enough of the Ghost of Vrbata.

Dude is playing his trade value into the dirt.

So perimeter, cant pass, cant snipe, softer than charmin playing not to get hurt.

Really not wanting to see him floating around much longer.

Whats he worth ?

Would you support management moving him asap even if its for a late rounder ?

Guessing his value is a 3rd....maybe a late second...but probably ends up a 4th

What do we do with this guy ?

Maybe Benning has to tell twitchy that Vrbata needs to be stapled on the first line until the deadline or a deal is made before he loses all value.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I like Vrbata's game.  I see him as a very responsible 200 foot player, who can score.  I think we should for certain get a second, and maybe a first at the TDL for him.  

Don't know why you call yourself 'Positive Canuck'...  :rolleyes:

Vrbata is not having a good season, but he is still worth a lot to this team.  His career totals make it clear he has real skills.  And you seem to be very quick in forgetting last year when he was probably the team's best player.

Right now he is 4th in scoring, 2nd in goals.

Likely he will be traded... but trashing him at this stage is not going to help his value.

Why don't you have a little patience and wait till Sutter comes back and we get to see him play with an experienced center before you make your judgements.

I personally think his play will pick up after Sutter comes back.

In the meantime, he should be put with the Sedins... he got an assist last night, and Virtanen really didn't work with the Sedins, he doesn't have the anticipation or positioning.  Put Virtanen with Bo and Bart.

You take the good with the bad when it comes to guys like Vrbata. Last season was the "good" and this season....He's not playing with the twins all that much and that pretty much guarantees that his numbers go down.

Personally, I didn't want to sign him (or Miller) last year, preferring to start the youth movement then. Of course, I was flooded with opinion that the kids would be "ruined" by the losing and that the stands would be empty....

Oh well, what's done is done.

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You take the good with the bad when it comes to guys like Vrbata. Last season was the "good" and this season....He's not playing with the twins all that much and that pretty much guarantees that his numbers go down.

Personally, I didn't want to sign him (or Miller) last year, preferring to start the youth movement then. Of course, I was flooded with opinion that the kids would be "ruined" by the losing and that the stands would be empty....

Oh well, what's done is done.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

He's gotta play with the twins so he can ride their coattails until TDL. If you plunk him lower in the lineup his trade value will sink. Look at what happened with Higgins? Canucks were a bottom 10 team and Higgins was getting scratched. The coach created Higgins trade value granted he didn't help his case. However Vrbata is feasible on the top line with the twins and seems to produce alright when he's there.

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

He's gotta play with the twins so he can ride their coattails until TDL. If you plunk him lower in the lineup his trade value will sink. Look at what happened with Higgins? Canucks were a bottom 10 team and Higgins was getting scratched. The coach created Higgins trade value granted he didn't help his case. However Vrbata is feasible on the top line with the twins and seems to produce alright when he's there.

It would have been great to get something for Higgy, but it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.

Higgins has been a good soldier. Hopefully a contender picks him up for depth...

Yup, kinda gotta go with the others here, Vrbata, while not scoring to a 5 million level, is a pretty good 20+ goal guy, that can break out at any moment.....skates well, was in great position on the winning goal, can play on the top 2 lines...........he still has value to us or the deadline..........hope they trade him for a pick ( a 2nd or two), won't get a first

4 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Yup, kinda gotta go with the others here, Vrbata, while not scoring to a 5 million level, is a pretty good 20+ goal guy, that can break out at any moment.....skates well, was in great position on the winning goal, can play on the top 2 lines...........he still has value to us or the deadline..........hope they trade him for a pick ( a 2nd or two), won't get a first

David Perron got a first rounder for the Oilers when they shipped him off to Pitts. 

*edit...crazy similar stats.  Look at Perron's last season in Edm and Vrbata's current stats as well as previous season for both players.  A team on a cup run can afford a 1st for Vrbata's PP presence come playoff time.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8474102        Perron

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8474102        Vrbata

Archived