The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin - Low Life

Joejoeyjoel

Potvin is irrelevant in the hockey world and that bothers him.  He needs little sound bites aimed at a small fan base to generate attention.  Pathetic what he has become. 

As for the Sedins, this is actually just drawing the attention of the classier press to stand up and express how wrong those comments are and how much unjustified criticism and abuse the twins have faced.   Pierre LeBrun was very outspoken about how he has never seen two classier guys in the league and that the abuse they take on and off the ice "pisses me off".

The Twins will be more fondly remembered and be more respected as players and peoples than Denis Potvin by a significant ,margin.

I do believe the NHL should take steps to curtail the degree of homeristic comments being made by broadcasters as it is creating a degree of animosity and unprofessionalism that should concern the league brass.  They control all the licensing of the broadcasts and should perhaps start handing out fines and suspensions for such outbursts as Potvin's.

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Potvin is irrelevant in the hockey world and that bothers him.  He needs little sound bites aimed at a small fan base to generate attention.  Pathetic what he has become. 

As for the Sedins, this is actually just drawing the attention of the classier press to stand up and express how wrong those comments are and how much unjustified criticism and abuse the twins have faced.   Pierre LeBrun was very outspoken about how he has never seen two classier guys in the league and that the abuse they take on and off the ice "pisses me off".

The Twins will be more fondly remembered and be more respected as players and peoples than Denis Potvin by a significant ,margin.

I do believe the NHL should take steps to curtail the degree of homeristic comments being made by broadcasters as it is creating a degree of animosity and unprofessionalism that should concern the league brass.  They control all the licensing of the broadcasts and should perhaps start handing out fines and suspensions for such outbursts as Potvin's.

Definitely agree! +1

5 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Summary?  I don't have audio :) 

PL was essentially saying how the Sedins are as good men as hockey players get yet they get no respect from not just other players but broadcasters around the different markets. He went as far as saying 'it makes my blood boil' when the Sedins are mistreated.

Good man.

59 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

It is stuff like this about the Sedins that just make me smirk at Potvin's comments. It really just shows what an idiot he is. The anger at the comments by Potvin have been shortlived, my pity for him remains.

When he was getting a divorce from she said that he beat her up and did drugs. No idea if it's true. He denies it, but it makes you wonder. Either way, he is obviously a fool. 

27 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

To touch on your last paragraph...

They actually had a big meeting amongst the NHL broadcasters last summer to touch on just this, the over the top homerism.. The kind that makes John Garret look like a Bruins fan :)  With so many people watching games out of market the NHL believes it was actually hurting their bottom line because people would just choose to not tune in.  

The Sedins are two of the finest human beings to ever grace this fair city.  We are blessed!  Denis Potvin is a waste of our breath!

Archived