The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Denis Potvin apologizes to Daniel sedin for broadcast comments

Me16

Just found this 

Denis Potvin apologizes to Sedin, Linden, Canucks

Listen as Panthers colour commentator and former NHL player Denis Potvin makes a funny comment about the Sedins during the postgame brawl on Monday. 

LUKE FOX 
JANUARY 13, 2016, 4:20 PM
  •  
  •  
  •  

Florida Panthers TV analyst and Hockey Hall of Famer Denis Potvin issued an apology Wednesday for negative remarks he made towards Daniel Sedin on-air.

I guess he hasn't actually apologized yet then...........

"For that I'm going to extend my sincere apologies to Daniel Sedin, Trevor Linden and the Canucks organization."

Remains to be seen how sincere he actually is.

I heard Potvin on the radio yesterday..he still stood pretty firm on D Sedin taunting the Panthers bench.....Potvin is smart enough to realize that calling a Sedin a 'lowlife' really calls into question, his credibility of a colour guy on any NHL broadcasts...Damage control here....Hence,the apology.

I'm over it. Potvin said something stupid in the heat of the moment, has seen that virtually everyone thinks it was a stupid comment and is backing off his statement.

Sincere or not, he's apologized and looks worse than anyone who was on the ice at the time of the scrum. Good enough for me...

Potvin is the low life, covering his ass because his mouth operates quicker than his brain does.

He's just embarrassed because McKenzie and LeBrun called him and the rest of the losers in the league out for treating the Sedins so poorly.

What a chucklehead.

Archived