The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Capitals - 4PM SPORTSNET 360

skates_with_a_stick

I looked for the person responsible and couldn't find one. So, I'm going to attempt one.

canucksjersy3.jpg @images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMqGnqJas5fUBYrDsdgJW

Where? Verizon Center DC (centre)

When? 1 am CET, 7 pm EST, 4 pm PST

Why? To get 2 pts. for the Nucks!!

Who? The good visit the ugly to make them look bad!!

Lineups? Sorry, not going to invest that kind of time. You know where to look.

Winner? The visitors by a margin of 2 peanut butter sandwiches scored by the lowlife Danny Butterfingers......

Miller with the workhorse performance! We empty the tank to hold off the other guys. 

(Sorry for the lazy effort, I've never done this before. Next time I promise more effort.)

Big test.

Don't understand starting a goalie coming off long injury against the best team in the NHL with the most dangerous offense.  Think Marky should have got this one and then put Miller in next game.   Hopefully WD doesn't pull his usual stubborn vet bias and run Miller into the ground again.  Markstrom showed what can happen if you trust the younger guys to carry the load.  Not likely he would have got the chance if Miller was healthy.

1 minute ago, Adamth said:

Last time i checked Washington handed Canucks a loss last game...

I just checked, yup, you are correct! :blink:

Doesn't mean we can come in and steal one? 7 losses is a great effort, but if we put in an even better effort it will mean for a great game. Just some optimism.

Can't say I like the Canucks jersey above. The colour scheme looks too much like the Seahawks, who I despise. The logo is okay, but it needs some colour.

As for the game, I can't understand why Miller is starting either. Not a great decision to possibly set him up for failure his first game back. Let's see if he can get across the crease in a millisecond to make a save on Ovie's slapper from "his office". Markstrom has played very well and Miller is just coming back from injury and probably rusty. Capitals 6 Canucks 1 (Ovie with a hatty)

I don't imagine any of us know how sharp Miller will be but can understand the concerns.

Otoh, there won't be any issue with respect to Miller being well rested going into this game.  I think the chances are pretty good that he'll be fine.

Just now, tyhee said:

I don't imagine any of us know how sharp Miller will be but can understand the concerns.

Otoh, there won't be any issue with respect to Miller being well rested going into this game.  I think the chances are pretty good that he'll be fine.

Rested is great, rusty is not.

Archived