The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] LA wants Lucic, Brown possible casualty

Boddy604

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Canucks would have to overpay by a huge amount for Lucic.  Why would he want to join a club that is not close to contending, when he can win a cup right away and on a team that will contend for the next few years?

Hometown boys don't always want to play for their hometown. 

Why would they have to overpay? They wouldn't be trading to get him. 

Don't know if any of you guys watched any of Hockey Wives season 1...but if Brown gets traded, I'll be doing cart wheels.  His wife, (a real piece of work) deserves all the stress in the world that goes with being traded.  After watching a few episodes last year, I can see why Brown is such a dumb-ass on the ice -- he's got a lot of frustration bottled up from living with his nutbar wife.

17 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

what are you talking about? vrbata is in last year of his contract and does not have a behavioural red flag against him like being stripped of captaincy

Who got stripped of his Captaincy? Why do you keep saying this?

And NO, you don't get a 1st for Vrbata. I'd be happy with a 2nd.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Agreed. I think if they packaged up Vey with Vrbata he could be good for a 1st. Not on his own though. 

Why Lucic when we can get way more for way less? He's not elite and he wants top 3 money. The league's getting faster; he's slow and getting slower. He handles the puck like it was a grenade. He's supposed to bring the nuclear threat but even Cherry's calling him out for his embarrassing behaviour. Nice to see a Vancouver boy cashing in but I've seen more integrity in a WWF fight.  We can get a younger guy who's still hungry and brings it physically for half the price and twice the skill.

30 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

And after we take Brown for 3 1st rounders we will also hire Sean Avery as assistant coach. We'll do that for first half of next season until we plant the cocaine just to torment him. 

Then we fire Avery.

On 3/27/2015 at 5:00 PM, drummer4now said:

How credible is Ron Paul?

On 3/27/2015 at 5:04 PM, Webster6 said:

Believes in creationism.

I lol everytime I come across this.. 

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

Brown and a 2nd for Vrbata? :ph34r:

Just kidding. You guys would probably kill Benning if he did that.

I would take both Lucic and Brown any day; two players one despises as opponents, but love as our own.

4 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Anyone who is willing to take on Brown's contract, even as a package deal would be an idiot.

Buying out Brown would be their best option, if they want to keep Lucic.

Buying out Brown would cost the Kings a cap hit of about $2m per year until 2030. :o

43 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

As long as we're still in the playoff picture, we get a 1st for Vrbata or he stays, simple as that.  There is no way JB gives up Vrbata for anything less than a 1st or a roster D-man/ or decent prospect, and a 2nd.

2 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Buying out Brown would cost the Kings a cap hit of about $2m per year until 2030. :o

That's better than paying Brown 5.8M for the next 6 years.

They will have enough money to sign Lucic at 7M, if they buyout Brown and trade one of Toffoli or Pearson, when they become RFAs in two years. 

Doubt they will go down this road, but it's possible, if Lombardi really wants to sign Lucic.

1 hour ago, HK Phooey said:

Don't know if any of you guys watched any of Hockey Wives season 1...but if Brown gets traded, I'll be doing cart wheels.  His wife, (a real piece of work) deserves all the stress in the world that goes with being traded.  After watching a few episodes last year, I can see why Brown is such a dumb-ass on the ice -- he's got a lot of frustration bottled up from living with his nutbar wife.

I only wanted to comment on that, but I could care less. It would make for an interesting episode if he did get traded. I watch the show, but only to see the other side of the life. Hockey is one thing, but their private lives are quite crazy. "I don't know how we can live with paying $10,000 a month rent? We have to find something cheaper....."

He's not going anywhere yet, it won't be until after the playoffs so this thread is way too premature. A lot of things can happen between now and the summer. A lot of variables can change. 

I believe Lucic, Toffoli and Pearson will all get extensions. 

They can trade Brown this summer and Gaborik at end of next season. They can easily give a prospect or pick to a team to take on the cap dump. 

Archived