The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don McLean (American Pie) arrested for domestic violence...

ShakyWalton

The music world is being rocked these days with the passing of legends...now another is in the news....

DON%20MCLEAN.._zpsvyzm7ige.jpg

Don McLean, the singer-songwriter best known for the classic "American Pie," has been arrested on a domestic violence charge.

The 70-year-old was arrested early Monday on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and released from Knox County Jail after a couple of hours on $10,000 bail, law enforcement told the Associated Press.

Police responded to a 911 call made around 2 a.m. from the Camden, Maine, home he shares with wife Patrisha McLean, the Portland Press Herald reported. The singer was arrested without incident, Camden Police Chief Randy Gagne told the outlet.

The charge is the lowest level of assault crime, police told WCSH-TV Channel 6.

Patrisha McLean, Don McLean's wife since 1987, is a photographer. The couple, who have two adult children, have lived in Camden for more than 20 years.

The singer has a Feb. 22 appearance scheduled at Knox County Superior Court in Rockland, Maine, according to the Wiscasset Newspaper. Courts were closed Monday for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

The court date works with his tour schedule: McLean has performances on tap at the end of January in Chicago and a couple of Texas venues. He'll hit Southern California -- La Mirada specifically -- on March 5, then it's off to Australia for 11 dates before he returns for U.S. shows in Virginia, New Jersey and Massachusetts.

McLean sold the original, handwritten manuscript of his 8½-minute epic "American Pie" last April for $1.2 million.

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Misdemeanor assault? And you're comparing that to the death of some of the most influential voices in music recently? While not good, it pales in comparison.

I don't really see how he drew a comparison, simply stated that another prominent musician was in the news after mentioning the passing of others. But in typical elvis fashion, you insist on pissing on somebody else's parade.

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

The first line of the OP is pretty leading if you ask me. "First all those deaths, now this!"

Yeah, not really on par.

What I was inferring to is musicians in the news..bro...a day isnt a day to you unless you crap on someones head..thank christ you arent a mod. get a life.

I cdould mention a few more that passed away over the last few days but Im sure it would go over your head.

Archived