The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{GDT} CANUCKS VS RANGERS @4pm PT on SNP

Tavrohorvat53

LINEUP UPDATE:
 ftzokw.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24d0q9y.jpg

Vs.

2vsnfrm.jpg

The Guardian Project

GAME TIME : 4:00pm PT

LAST MEETING: 

TEAM STATS:

28i7tk7.jpg

LINEUPS: as per dailyfaceoff.com 

aey8ef.jpg

24zke40.jpg

TALE OF THE TAPE: 

Vancouver goes into tonight's match on a role,  winning back to back extra time games against the Canes and the Isles. The Canucks will aim to win their third straight game in a row for the first time this season, against a tough Rangers team coming off a let down to the Washington Capitals. The Rangers have been inconsistent as of late alternating between wins and losses during the last 10 games.

This will be Emerson Etems first game against his former team. Etem has been noticble and effective during his short stint with Vancouver and should play with a chip on his shoulder to show his former team they gave up on him too quick. 

Rookie Canucks forward, Jared McCann will see regular shifts on the top line centring two seasoned vets in Daniel Sedin and Jannik Hansen. This will be a substantial opportunity for McCann to show his offensive ability while playing along two skilled wingers that can manufacture and finish chances.

Bo Horvat will look to keep the fire burning in the new year, playing along side his regular linemates of Baerstchi and Vrbata and also getting powerplay time on the Canucks first unit. 

Miller gets the start, coming off a wonderful performance against Islanders. He will need to be just as sharp again, against a potent offensive team and against his counterpart Henrik Lundqvist who has put up stellar numbers when facing the Canucks.

Virtanen will slot back in for Prust who sits after a lacklustre effort and response against the Islanders. Adam Cracknell will also be dressed as the fourth line centre. 

Henrik Sedin has returned home for further examination after taking a "flagrant" hit from behind against the Islanders. Early timeline for his return is after the ASG break. There was no further discipline for Grabvoski.

Canucks game day report: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=804&id=932462&cmpid=embed-share-video

PREDICTION: 

Canucks skate away with a 3-2 win in OT. Miller will be stellar and Hutton, Etem and McCann pot the Canucks goals. 

TIDBIT: * MUST SEE*

Spoiler

It looks like Philadelphia Flyers forward Ryan White will avoid a suspension for his blindside hit on Tomas Jurco of the Detroit Red Wings.

Dave Isaac of the Courier-Post first reported as much via an anonymous source, while an unnamed league source confirmed as much to CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.

The NHL’s Department of Player Safety didn’t make it official, however.

White received a match penalty for that check on Jurco, which you can watch above.

The Flyers forward has been suspended before, being dinged for five games in 2013.

Clearly a late, blind side hit, with significant contact with Jurco's head. The DOPS apparently doesn't even see this as suspension worthy. Perfect example of the much talked about inconsistency of the DOPS. WHAT A BUNCH OF CLOWNS!

A lot of people attended that last New York Rangers game. You can tell from the stands. Especially since we weren't doing that well around the time.

Expect to see the 4th line doing a lot more tonight as Prust isn't playing probably. Going to be a much faster line. 

30 minutes ago, OptionalPants said:

Did you make those superhero graphics yourself? They're pretty sweet. 

Anyways, I'm gonna be optimistic and predict a 4-3 canucks win. Mcann with 2 goals, Sedin with 1 and Horvat with the other.

unless the OP is Stan Lee, I doubt he was the creator.

heres some info on the origins:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=540091

34 minutes ago, OptionalPants said:

Did you make those superhero graphics yourself? They're pretty sweet. 

Anyways, I'm gonna be optimistic and predict a 4-3 canucks win. Mcann with 2 goals, Sedin with 1 and Horvat with the other.

There is a link below the Ranger, it was a series that was written a couple of years ago. 

I'm going for the third win in a row!! The visitors win by two goals!! 4-2. 

10 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

Canucks...you boys better start understanding the meaning of the work TANK.  I want my Mathews...NOOOOOW.

Canucks lose 5-0.  I get to get my tank on again.

You must enjoy watching Hockey. At least cheer for a close loss if you want to tank lol. Or are you not really a Canucks fan?

2-1 good guys.

2 minutes ago, Mrbigyellowbus said:

You must enjoy watching Hockey. At least cheer for a close loss if you want to tank lol. Or are you not really a Canucks fan?

2-1 good guys.

Yeah cos you know, wanting the team to be better in the future instead of playing two home post season games makes you a lesser fan.

Maybe this is just what we need ....... (from the Blueshirts webpage)

"Sunday, the Rangers were undone by their struggling penalty killing unit, which surrendered two more power play goals. The Blueshirts have now allowed ten power play goals in their last nine games, killing off just 17 man disadvantages in the same span. They also were not helped out by their own power play, which failed on four opportunities Sunday and is now in a 1-for-26 funk"

Archived