The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin: All Time Canucks goal scorer

smokes

Fantastic player.

Better person.  Didn't faze him at all being cross-checked to the ice after he scored the first one.

He does get a lot of ugliness directed at him, but just keeps on playing and being a role model for his younger teammates.  Good for you Daniel.  Good for you.

When I was younger and Linden was scoring 30+ every season, I never thought anyone would ever pass him. Then all of a sudden in the early 2000s, Naslund was scoring 40+ every year, and I was sure no one would ever pass him as well. But then the Sedins became 1st liners and we all know how well they have played out. Time flies way too fast, and yet we still have no Cup. The Sedins have to win a Cup. It's okay if they don't, but it's very fitting if they do. It will probably be a very long time until we see another pair of Twins dominate the NHL like they have.

Years back, think it was the Sedins second season, and I was listening to a post-game call in show on 1040, or whatever station is was carrying the games back then. They were getting dumped on big time by the hosts, trade 'em was the general gist of the show.

I dialed the show, and eventually got my two cents worth in. 

Which pretty much was, "Don't even think about it! These are two young players, all kinds of talent, learning the ropes in the NHL, and one day will be super stars! The Canucks have a long history of dealing away young talent, who go on to great careers for other teams. I want these two guys in Canuck uniforms when their time comes!"

Just wanted to say, "Told you so!!!"  :-)

Way to go, Daniel! You and Henrik are the best!  

Daniel Sedin's 78 game winners put him in a 4-way tie at 28th all time with the likes of Peter Bondra, Marian Hossa, Vincent Damphousse, and Steve Thomas.  1 ahead of Dave Andreychuk and 4 ahead of Mario Lemiux.

Closing in on Patrik Elias: 79, Mike Bossy: 82.

54 minutes ago, springer said:

Years back, think it was the Sedins second season, and I was listening to a post-game call in show on 1040, or whatever station is was carrying the games back then. They were getting dumped on big time by the hosts, trade 'em was the general gist of the show.

I dialed the show, and eventually got my two cents worth in. 

Which pretty much was, "Don't even think about it! These are two young players, all kinds of talent, learning the ropes in the NHL, and one day will be super stars! The Canucks have a long history of dealing away young talent, who go on to great careers for other teams. I want these two guys in Canuck uniforms when their time comes!"

Just wanted to say, "Told you so!!!"  :-)

Way to go, Daniel! You and Henrik are the best!  

Big props to you, man. Radio hosts and some of their callers have pretty big mouths when they don't have to show their faces to the world. I always love it when fans stand by the young talent. That's how I always approach it, and that's how I always will!

Archived