The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTH is happening in Cleveland ... Blatt gets fired??!!

Neversummer

It's not that surprising to those who follow Cavaliers basketball closely.

Firstly, from day one LeBron was never a fan of Blatt. Secondly, reports state that the team lost respect for him in a short amount of time, because he favored the 3 star players, and didn't treat everyone equally. Third, he made several costly mistakes during big games. Fourth, they've lost to the Warriors twice and the Spurs once so far this season. And lastly, the team has more respect for the former assistant coach, Tyronne Lue.

1 minute ago, The Weasel said:

I'm guessing this is the reason why Wade and Bosh aren't on Team Usa for the olympics as well. I mean, I think Bosh kinda sucks, but Wade is legit.

LeBron and Dwyane Wade are still best friends (same with Bosh). LeBron would be the first person to recommend Wade get another shot. But the reality is that the guard position is incredibly stacked for Team USA, and he doesn't have the same legs as he used to.

You guys are being a bit narrow minded if you think 30-11 automatically means that Blatt was a good coach. That team has the best player in the world, and another superstar in Kyrie Irving. They also have good role players. Of course they're gonna have a great record. But none of that matters if you have a mediocre coach in the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

LeBron and Dwyane Wade are still best friends (same with Bosh). LeBron would be the first person to recommend Wade get another shot. But the reality is that the guard position is incredibly stacked for Team USA, and he doesn't have the same legs as he used to.

Oh, fair enough. I'm totally wrong. :P

I figure If LBJ wanted them on badly that he'd get his wish.

37 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

You guys are being a bit narrow minded if you think 30-11 automatically means that Blatt was a good coach. That team has the best player in the world, and another superstar in Kyrie Irving. They also have good role players. Of course they're gonna have a great record. But none of that matters if you have a mediocre coach in the playoffs

Mediocre coach, c'mon, didn't they go to the finals last year?  As for playoffs:

Round 1 vs. Boston 4-0

Round 2 vs. Chicago 4-2

Round 3 vs. Atlanta 4-0

Finals vs. GS Warriors 2-4

Didn't Eric Estrada in Miami lose the first final with LeBron?  Only one team wins the trophy ... 

3 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Mediocre coach, c'mon, didn't they go to the finals last year?  As for playoffs:

Round 1 vs. Boston 4-0

Round 2 vs. Chicago 4-2

Round 3 vs. Atlanta 4-0

Didn't Eric Estrada in Miami lose the first final with LeBron?  Only one team wins the trophy ... 

The difference is that Spoelstra wasn't afraid to confront his stars if they weren't performing. I remember There was actually big drama during one of the the playoffs because the cameras showed Spoelstra and Dwyane Wade openly arguing on the bench. But that's the kind of coach you need when you have more than one star on the team. They have big egos, and they need reality checks once in a while.

The Cavaliers have no chance of beating the Spurs or Golden State if LeBron, Kyrie, and Love don't play 110%. Blatt was not that guy. Lue has a better relationship with the players, which is why he gets the promotion.

And anyways, I don't like the way Blatt coached. Some of his plans were head scratchers to me. 

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

Round 1 vs. Boston 4-0

Round 2 vs. Chicago 4-2

Round 3 vs. Atlanta 4-0

Spoelstra could actually coach. Run plays. Call the right defense. David Blatt is trash. Dude just had to be a game manager and he couldn't do that.

Archived