The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WTH is happening in Cleveland ... Blatt gets fired??!!

Neversummer

3 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Mediocre coach, c'mon, didn't they go to the finals last year?  As for playoffs:

Round 1 vs. Boston 4-0

Round 2 vs. Chicago 4-2

Round 3 vs. Atlanta 4-0

Finals vs. GS Warriors 2-4

Didn't Eric Estrada in Miami lose the first final with LeBron?  Only one team wins the trophy ... 

That teams probably would have reached the finals without a head coach. Basically every team that LeBron played for since 2010 season has reached the NBA finals. Spoelstra actually was able to get two championships because he is a decent coach.

I think it became clear to the Cavs after that blowout loss to the Warrios that with Blatt, they weren't going to beat the Warriors nor the Spurs if they were to face one of these two teams in the finals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-david-blatt-never-stood-a-chance-with-lebron-james-and-his-camp-035612484.html

So what exactly was Blatt supposed to do other than bend to Lebron's will? When the organization has sold its soul to bring the King back to his kingdom then you have to sway with the wind. Of course now Lebron and his PR staff is making Blatt look terrible by making it look like no one respected him. It starts at the top, why should any of the other players respect Blatt if the King doesn't? 

I am not saying Blatt was perfect, he was clearly inexperienced. He needed time to adjust to the NBA and gain a repertoire with the players and organization. He was in short not a good choice for Cleveland. Still the blatant disrespect with which he was treated with makes you want to root for the guy. I hope Cleveland never wins a championship with the King or better yet Blatt gets to beat the King in a finals. It will be sweet justice and karma for the bull$&!# he has been put through.

By the way I refer to him by his stupid nickname because I find it absolutely hilarious that he was the one that named himself that. He is an arrogant, conceited and selfish player. I won't deny his talent but without a Pat Riley to keep him in check, he will ruin any organization. He may have grown older and won a couple of rings but the maturity is still lacking. He is still that man-child that had a show put together to announce that he was taking his talents to South Beach. Somewhere on the beaches of Miami, Pat Riley is laughing.

7 hours ago, Toews said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-david-blatt-never-stood-a-chance-with-lebron-james-and-his-camp-035612484.html

So what exactly was Blatt supposed to do other than bend to Lebron's will? When the organization has sold its soul to bring the King back to his kingdom then you have to sway with the wind. Of course now Lebron and his PR staff is making Blatt look terrible by making it look like no one respected him. It starts at the top, why should any of the other players respect Blatt if the King doesn't? 

I am not saying Blatt was perfect, he was clearly inexperienced. He needed time to adjust to the NBA and gain a repertoire with the players and organization. He was in short not a good choice for Cleveland. Still the blatant disrespect with which he was treated with makes you want to root for the guy. I hope Cleveland never wins a championship with the King or better yet Blatt gets to beat the King in a finals. It will be sweet justice and karma for the bull$&!# he has been put through.

By the way I refer to him by his stupid nickname because I find it absolutely hilarious that he was the one that named himself that. He is an arrogant, conceited and selfish player. I won't deny his talent but without a Pat Riley to keep him in check, he will ruin any organization. He may have grown older and won a couple of rings but the maturity is still lacking. He is still that man-child that had a show put together to announce that he was taking his talents to South Beach. Somewhere on the beaches of Miami, Pat Riley is laughing.

it is entirely clear that blatt was already neutered by lebron

and to the poster who said he needed to get in star player faces like spoelstra did in miami in the playoffs

did cleveland just get around to reviewing the playoff tapes recently? they knew exactly what they had after the last playoffs ended

they were in the finals and lost to a better team

now to raise this issue when blatt is already neutered seems a bit crazy

a talk show personality suggested people go back and review game tapes of this season to see who was really running the team and suggested it is clear it was lebron even during games

so how does this get pinned on blatt?  they should have fired coach james and given the job to blatt instead

and told james to shut the fu** up and just be a player

talk about the inmates running the asylum there

51 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

it is entirely clear that blatt was already neutered by lebron

and to the poster who said he needed to get in star player faces like spoelstra did in miami in the playoffs

did cleveland just get around to reviewing the playoff tapes recently? they knew exactly what they had after the last playoffs ended

they were in the finals and lost to a better team

now to raise this issue when blatt is already neutered seems a bit crazy

a talk show personality suggested people go back and review game tapes of this season to see who was really running the team and suggested it is clear it was lebron even during games

so how does this get pinned on blatt?  they should have fired coach james and given the job to blatt instead

and told james to shut the fu** up and just be a player

talk about the inmates running the asylum there

He was quite literally calling the shots on the bench. Waiving off the plays called by his coach and calling his own. I am so glad this kind of BS doesn't happen in hockey. 

1 hour ago, Toews said:

He was quite literally calling the shots on the bench. Waiving off the plays called by his coach and calling his own. I am so glad this kind of BS doesn't happen in hockey. 

Lmao. When the coach doesn't have the balls to step up to the star player, then the coach is useless. Blatt was so bad, in the playoffs he was about to lose a game by calling a timeout he didn't have. Blatt didn't the have balls to coach a tean full of stars. 

Coaching fraternity disgusted with Cleveland, no surprise.  

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/several-nba-head-coaches-sharply-criticized-david-blatt-s-firing-223909142.html

Just about any coach who was asked on Friday evening or Saturday about the firing of former Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt responded with disdain for the Cavaliers, and shock that a spot atop the Eastern Conference just wasn’t good enough for the second year coach to keep his gig.

Coaches are angry, and on record this weekend.

Rick Carlisle on David Blatt's firing: 'I'm embarrassed for our league'

Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, not far removed from Coach Pop in terms of job security and the head of the NBA Coaches Association, had perhaps the harshest statement:

"It's a shocker. It's just a real shocker.

"He's done some phenomenal things adjusting to this league. I'm embarrassed for our league that something like this could happen. It's just bizarre. Now is Tyronn Lue going to coach the All-Star Game? It just leaves you with a bit of an empty feeling. Because Blatt's a great guy and he did a great job there.”

For those who think Spoelstra was actually a better coach than Blatt, the real answer is that Pat Riley had bigger ballz.  

Heat part-owner: LeBron 'made it clear' he wanted Spoelstra fired

On why James left Miami for Cleveland:

"With the Miami Heat, LeBron James — before and after his four seasons when his contract was up with the team — made it clear that he wanted to dump head coach Erik Spoelstra. At one point, [Heat president] Pat Riley called LeBron into his office said that no one will tell him how to run the organization. Riley told James that Spoelstra is his guy, and that firing Spoelstra is out of the question. That was the main reason LeBron returned to Cleveland."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/heat-part-owner--lebron--made-it-clear--he-wanted-spoelstra-fired-023947529.html

Archived