The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Central Scouting's 2016 Midterm Rankings

Seeker1

Could not find any postings on the midterm 2016 NHL Central Scouting  rankings, so If it is already posted, I apologize for the duplication, but if not, here it is, for all interested Canucks fans.

Link

Rank Name Team League Position Height Weight
1 TKACHUK, MATTHEW LONDON OHL LW 6'1.25" 195
2 CHYCHRUN, JAKOB SARNIA OHL D 6'2.0" 215
3 NYLANDER, ALEXANDER MISSISSAUGA OHL LW 6'0.5" 179
4 GAUTHIER, JULIEN VAL-D'OR QMJHL RW 6'3.5" 225
5 JUOLEVI, OLLI LONDON OHL D 6'2.5" 179
6 MCLEOD, MICHAEL MISSISSAUGA OHL C 6'2.25" 188
7 DUBOIS, PIERRE-LUC CAPE BRETON QMJHL LW 6'2.5" 202
8 KELLER, CLAYTON USA U-18 USHL C 5'9.5" 168
9 MCAVOY, CHARLES BOSTON UNIVERSITY H-EAST D 6'0.25" 208
10 SERGACHEV, MIKHAIL WINDSOR OHL D 6'2.5" 206
11 JONES, MAX LONDON OHL LW 6'3.0" 205
12 BELLOWS, KIEFFER USA U-18 USHL LW 6'0.0" 196
13 BEAN, JAKE CALGARY WHL D 5'11.75" 173
14 BROWN, LOGAN WINDSOR OHL C 6'6.0" 222
15 JOST, TYSON PENTICTON BCHL C 5'11.25" 191
16 KUNIN, LUKE U OF WISCONSIN BIG10 C 5'11.75" 193
17 TUFTE, RILEY BLAINE HIGH-MN LW 6'4.75" 205
18 FABBRO, DANTE PENTICTON BCHL D 6'0.25" 189
19 BASTIAN, NATHAN MISSISSAUGA OHL RW 6'3.75" 208
20 DEBRINCAT, ALEXANDER ERIE OHL RW 5'7.0" 163
21 BENSON, TYLER VANCOUVER WHL LW 5'11.75" 201
22 CLAGUE, KALE BRANDON WHL D 5'11.75" 177
23 STANLEY, LOGAN WINDSOR OHL D 6'6.75" 220
24 THOMPSON, TAGE U OF CONNECTICUT H-EAST C 6'5.0" 185
25 STRANSKY, SIMON PRINCE ALBERT WHL LW 5'11.5" 171
26 HAJEK, LIBOR SASKATOON WHL D 6'2.0" 185
27 HOWDEN, BRETT MOOSE JAW WHL C 6'2.25" 193
28 GETTINGER, TIMOTHY SAULT STE. MARIE OHL LW 6'5.25" 206
29 STEEL, SAM REGINA WHL C 5'11.0" 177
30 KRYS, CHAD USA U-18 USHL D 5'11.0" 185
31 LABERGE, PASCAL VICTORIAVILLE QMJHL C 6'1.0" 162
32 KATCHOUK, BORIS SAULT STE. MARIE OHL LW 6'1.0" 181
33 KOPACKA, JACK SAULT STE. MARIE OHL LW 6'2.0" 190
34 RADDYSH, TAYLOR ERIE OHL RW 6'1.75" 203
35 DUBE, DILLON KELOWNA WHL C 5'10.25" 180
36 ALLARD, FREDERIC CHICOUTIMI QMJHL D 6'1.0" 179
37 GREEN, LUKE SAINT JOHN QMJHL D 6'0.25" 189

38    HUFFINGTON, BUD                 KUSHVILLE                               WHL        C       6'4.0"      215

This is a player I feel the Canucks should draft.  Has all the tools and his toolbox is ever expanding. 

His linemate, Inhaleya Kushmokov is also one to watch.

34 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

38    HUFFINGTON, BUD                 KUSHVILLE                               WHL        C       6'4.0"      215

This is a player I feel the Canucks should draft.  Has all the tools and his toolbox is ever expanding. 

So... is that Vancouver then? Or somewhere in Saskatchewan? :lol:

35 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Might try these threads...

But they aren't in Canucks Talk, so why would he see them? :rolleyes:

But yeah, AHL, International and Junior Hockey is the correct sub-forum for these kinds of things, OP. This is especially true if you aren't doing any kind of focus around who the Canucks could be drafting, where they're picking, etc. and just posting a list of potential 1st rounders.

Juolevi has slowed down a bit since December only 7 points (2 goals) in 11 games.  He started the season going 20 pt in 24 games.  I was hoping for more from him considering he’s on an offensively stacked team, they have 43 more goals than any other team in the league.  Who knows, he did go to the WJC, so maybe his timing is a bit off? 

Chychrun has now matched his game totals from last year’s season.. Last year he put up 33 points (16 goals) in 42 games, so far this year he’s only got 29 points (7 goals) in 42 games. It’s not a big shock to see him fall outside of the top 5. 

Sergachev has been hot since December 19 points (5 goals) in 19 games and still leads the OHL in defensemen scoring.  I would be shocked to see him fall outside of the top 10, but would be happy if he did since it’s looking like we might be picking in the 11-16 range and would love for the canucks to draft him. 

57 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Juolevi has slowed down a bit since December only 7 points (2 goals) in 11 games.  He started the season going 20 pt in 24 games.  I was hoping for more from him considering he’s on an offensively stacked team, they have 43 more goals than any other team in the league.  Who knows, he did go to the WJC, so maybe his timing is a bit off? 

Chychrun has now matched his game totals from last year’s season.. Last year he put up 33 points (16 goals) in 42 games, so far this year he’s only got 29 points (7 goals) in 42 games. It’s not a big shock to see him fall outside of the top 5. 

Sergachev has been hot since December 19 points (5 goals) in 19 games and still leads the OHL in defensemen scoring.  I would be shocked to see him fall outside of the top 10, but would be happy if he did since it’s looking like we might be picking in the 11-16 range and would love for the canucks to draft him. 

How about we trade Vrbata, Hamhuis, and Hansen to get a couple more middle first round picks and draft ALL THREE OF THESE GUYS?  No worries then as to which will become the better player.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

How about we trade Vrbata, Hamhuis, and Hansen to get a couple more middle first round picks and draft ALL THREE OF THESE GUYS?  No worries then as to which will become the better player.:rolleyes:

I think if we get another draft pick in the first round it will be in the bottom 10 (20-30) range.  And in that case we should be going after Fabbro.  IF we come out of the 2016 draft with Juolevi/Sergachev and Fabbro, that would jumpstart our D pool immensely.  No matter who we pick, we are going to need a 3-4 year stop gap, UFA signing this summer, to let these kids develop properly.    

Might as well add my 2 cents on a guy that wasn't in the top 30 NA players here since I have watched him a bit this year. Josh Anderson at 62 on the list for Prince George Cougars. He's a big body defenceman, listed at 6'3 221 pounds. He skates well and plays the body. Doesn't put up a ton of points but could easily be compared to a guy like Sbisa I think. He usually makes safe plays and I think he could be a good pick up in a later round.

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

No one will ever beat the immortal Leif Rohlin.

Captain of the Smoke Eaters, Blazers and Rockets.

Slight nod to Steve Passmore too.

Im really hoping Chychrun somehow falls to us this year. I cant see us picking top 10 this year because things seem to be coming together and were starting to get healthy again. Maybe just maybe he could fall somwhere between 15-25. McCann did and hes looking like a steal. Chychrun is having a bad year, and him being a defencman he may just fall. He was a top 5 projected pick at the beginning of the year so maybe im giving out false hope.

Anyone know of a similar situation where someone so highly ranked at the start of the year end up falling that far in previous drafts? McCann did but he was projected 9-15 not top 5, big difference.

I hope that the Canucks take a flier on Dante Fabbro. Local kid, from Whistler. He was the 8th overall pick in the 2013 WHL draft but opted to stay in the BCHL in order to retain NCAA eligibility. Kid's got a lot of skill and may drop to the second round but if the Canucks somehow end up picking in the 20-30 range, I think they should go after him. Plus he's a D.

Archived