The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Montreal is definitely interested in a Canuck

Boddy604

1 hour ago, Captain Woodget said:

The Ducks and Penguins just traded Hagelin and Perron - Hagelin has 4pts in 5 games, and Perron has 5pts in 4 games. Sometimes swapping players gives both teams a boost. Look at the Johansen-Jones trade too, both are flourishing and contributing far more than the other player was before.

I completely agree.... But who in Nashville? I know I'm going to get flamed for it but Hansen is worth his weight in gold right now and he fits Montreal's system better than Vrbata.  I could see one or both going there.

You can definitely tell the Canucks knew MTL scouts were in the building. 

Here's Alex Edler, standing in the middle of the ice, waving to Marc Bergevin:

Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 10.44.05 PM

"Hi Marc, this wave is symbolic of my willingness to waive my NTC since I clearly don't give a damn anymore".

Or maybe, "what's it like up in the press boxes, I keep trying to go there but WD won't let me".

19 minutes ago, TheYjUstMaKeYoUwooZy said:

I completely agree.... But who in Nashville? I know I'm going to get flamed for it but Hansen is worth his weight in gold right now and he fits Montreal's system better than Vrbata.  I could see one or both going there.

Any number of players - Mike Ribeiro, Craig Smith, Mike Fisher could all do with a change in scenery, while on the Habs, David Desharnais, Tomas Fleischmann, Lars Eller and Devante Smith-Pelly could all be part of it.

Potentially a deal around Lars Eller - Craig Smith? Ribeiro's issues would likely rule him out, and Fisher wouldn't leave Nashville due to his family. Smith could reel in a good deal from the Habs, who continue to under-utilize Eller.

This phase gets a bit annoying to the vets when Hansen of all people starts beaking off.

Line changes like that late in the game?  Yup, that's a lack of try.  But it's not all on Edler, who went to the bench in a freakin' hurry.  Vrbata's dump was lazy.  Horvat and Bartschi picked up nobody.  In fact Edler had to challenge a point shot because Bartschi sure wasn't going to, and that's what led to Edler's broken stick (How many broken sticks does Edler create per game, btw?)  And Edler's partner, Tanev, also vacated the area.

Anyway, Hansen's not the problem this season for sure.  If he's on the table, there will be interest.

With no clear timetable on Price's return and with Montreal now 3 points out of a playoff spot (with other teams having games in hand) Maybe Montreal is starting to consider selling rather than buying. They just dropped 2 games in a row to Columbus. I can't imagine they're gearing up for a long playoff run.  And yes, they could just as easily be scouting Nashville.  To say they're definitely interested in a canuck is a stretch

11 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

This phase gets a bit annoying to the vets when Hansen of all people starts beaking off.

Line changes like that late in the game?  Yup, that's a lack of try.  But it's not all on Edler, who went to the bench in a freakin' hurry.  Vrbata's dump was lazy.  Horvat and Bartschi picked up nobody.  In fact Edler had to challenge a point shot because Bartschi sure wasn't going to, and that's what led to Edler's broken stick (How many broken sticks does Edler create per game, btw?)  And Edler's partner, Tanev, also vacated the area.

Anyway, Hansen's not the problem this season for sure.  If he's on the table, there will be interest.

I don't see any scenario in which Hansen is trade bait.

11 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Hmm, I think I read something that suggested he may be.  Could be blathering speculation though.

What's hilarious is that after toiling away in the bottom six his entire career, Hansen is now the de facto third Sedin - it would be crazy to leave right now.

5 hours ago, canuktravella said:

thats hilarious hansen calls out team and coach for bone head lazy plays and  bad line changes  good on you  hansen  i sure hope they fix the gong show that is coaching and rid the team of half the vets not named sedins or hansen or sutter.

Where did he call out the coach? What the hell does the coach have to do with a lazy and incompetent change?. What do you want him to do, stand on the bench and beat them back onto the ice with a stick?

Edler should have been covered immediately by someone already there on the ice.

What happened made it look like the other 4 didn't even know that Edler lost his stick, or what the Preds were doing.  How is that even possible?

Even the dump was beyond belief.

3 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

The teams involved they are all looking for offencive, so I assume that would be Vrbata.

Quick somebody start 3 new threads about Vrbeast being the best scorer available!!!!!!!

Archived