The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Expanse (TV Series)

Hugor Hill

3 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Script seems a bit bland but I'm enjoying it so far.

It seems like a lot of the big US shows hire bad British actors. The Naomi character really annoys me.

I'm not entirely pleased with the casting. In fact that's one of the reasons why I bought the books after watching a couple of episodes. I was like "hmmm.. this is a great premise and story, very realistic and with good CG, but I don't like the cast..."

Naomi Nagata is half Asian'ish. Not sure why they casted a British black woman. The girl who plays Julie Mao should hit the gym and protein shakes and play Naomi.

On 1/30/2016 at 6:24 PM, Hugor Hill said:

I'm not entirely pleased with the casting. In fact that's one of the reasons why I bought the books after watching a couple of episodes. I was like "hmmm.. this is a great premise and story, very realistic and with good CG, but I don't like the cast..."

Naomi Nagata is half Asian'ish. Not sure why they casted a British black woman. The girl who plays Julie Mao should hit the gym and protein shakes and play Naomi.

I agree. She's a little miscast. I do give them some leeway as it's hard to find a 2m tall Asian/South American/African actress.  

8 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

I agree. She's a little miscast. I do give them some leeway as it's hard to find a 2m tall Asian/South American/African actress.  

Yeah haha. That's just not gonna happen.

Though can't wait to see them cast Gwendolyn Christie for Bobbie and die her hair black.

Archived