The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A new coach

snucks

Who would be a better coach for the current Canucks ? Is it possible it is being considered ? For me I keep giving WD another chance but his insistence on sitting out young guys with all kinds of potential to "bring them along slowly" while playing a 24 yr old that has always been on his teams, thereby losing games and team respect and confidence in management, has totally blown it. The team must be going "What the heck is going on here"?

7 minutes ago, snucks said:

Who would be a better coach for the current Canucks ? Is it possible it is being considered ? For me I keep giving WD another chance but his insistence on sitting out young guys with all kinds of potential to "bring them along slowly" while playing a 24 yr old that has always been on his teams, thereby losing games and team respect and confidence in management, has totally blown it. The team must be going "What the heck is going on here"?

Another thinly veiled Vey hate thread.

8 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Twitchy needs to learn how to use a timeout when his team is getting pumped and on the cusp of $&!#ting the bed on a lead.
Its amazing that Coach hasnt tried to slow momentum once.

Just chew gum and twitch while your team is on its heels running around getting pumped.

The only thing wrong with the players/coaching staff IMHO, are the line changes.

Players lazily go back to the bench and/or the coaches are calling them off at inopportune times. 

not gunna hate on vey any more until  mng, comes up with a better replacement , sutter,s back and for now the vey thing should,nt be so much of an issue.  the lack of a defensive strategy is getting old though, allowing the d,core to play every game constantly out of position .its a little better now with weber out. positional defence is everything. the kids up front  ,not doing to bad goal tending is good . it,s the scattered mess in the middle!

13 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Twitchy needs to learn how to use a timeout when his team is getting pumped and on the cusp of $&!#ting the bed on a lead.
Its amazing that Coach hasnt tried to slow momentum once.

Just chew gum and twitch while your team is on its heels running around getting pumped.

Are we talking about AV or Willie with that last bit?

29 minutes ago, snucks said:

The thread title implies we have a coach to replace.  From what we are seeing, there's not much coaching going on.  Maybe the thread would be better titled: "We need a coach"?

willy is one of the better coaches out there...you go and get any other coach he would destroy this team..its not just wins its about how to deal with each different character..linden and benning were not born yesterday..hockey players that shine have skill but also need that certain character like I've said in the past...some of the choices in my view are not the right fit but they are close for what they got....id like to see a bit more toughness with skill on the team not easy to find...both forward and defence...

Actually, for the most part, the younger players have performed pretty well.  I do agree with the comment about the casual line changes though.  You just can't dawdle back to the bench like you were on a free skate at the Chilliwack Colisseum.

I do think that the Canucks need a lot of work on passing drills and shot practice.  Not all shots can be on target, but these guys really need to practice accuracy.  That is, when they shoot, which is distressingly seldom.  How do you say in Swedish, "Shootska da pucka!"

47 minutes ago, snucks said:

Coaching is far from the problem the team is having right now. It should be pretty obvious that the problem is with the lineup. Until that defense is rebuilt from the ground up, even Scotty Bowman and Lester Patrick couldn't do any better.

To be clear, no one is perfect, i always thought the most important part of this year was developing the kids and for that i give WD and the staff a passing grade. also coach had hip replacement surgery or something like that and missed that early part of the year

i doubt WD is going anywhere, look at the team he's had to work with. the Vets and our D is laughable.

Main concern is Benning being handcuffed by ownership, i want to see Trader Jim finally put his stamp on this team this year.
Ship out the old and bring in the new.

Vets

Keep 

Sedins

Hansen

Sutter

Dorse

Trade

Hamhuis

Edler 

Vrbata

Burrows