The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks In F Andrew Ladd Sweepstakes

Nd1989

1 minute ago, Vanisleryan said:

No thanks, he turns 31 this year.  Why on earth would we sign him for what he will be looking for...let alone trade and give up assets for him.  

Because who wouldn't want a 2 time Cup winner from BC, playing for his home town team? Ladd is a very good back up plan to Lucic if we can't get him. 

Other than that, we have absolutely 0 reason to give up assets for him. Florida is definetly the best fit. 

2 minutes ago, KFBR392 said:

If we give up assets, beyond a pending ufa, for an aging, pending ufa.... this fanbase will implode.

There would definitely be some MacGruber throat rips coming. In a season we should be looking to cash in on our soon to be UFA vets we keep them all and use picks and prospects for a guy we could get for free in three months.

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

There would definitely be some MacGruber throat rips coming. In a season we should be looking to cash in on our soon to be UFA vets we keep them all and use picks and prospects for a guy we could get for free in three months.

+1 for the MacGruber reference!

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

Because who wouldn't want a 2 time Cup winner from BC, playing for his home town team? Ladd is a very good back up plan to Lucic if we can't get him. 

Other than that, we have absolutely 0 reason to give up assets for him. Florida is definetly the best fit. 

He absolutely has value yes...but not to us in the phase of our rebuild we are unless its a Cinderella run we arent competing for a cup any time soon.  I would much rather go after Okposo who if can remain healthy can put up huge numbers and spend some money on D like a Yandle.

Sportsnet has 5 teams as potential destinations:

Nashville

Chicago

Florida

Montreal

NYIslanders.

The Hockey News has:

Anaheim

Boston

Florida

Montreal

Nashville.

Not going to happen here.  The absolutely only way this team would be in the running would be if Ladd expressed a definite interest in re-signing here and even then, giving up young assets or futures for a veteran is not the m.o. of Benning.

He's from Maple Ridge, having a sub-par year, and obviously plays a great 2way game. I wouldn't mind unloading a prospect like Gaunce+ to get him. I see him as a similar stop-gap player like Sutter. As the Sedins get older, we have these two to mentor our prospects. He loves to play hard, piss off opponents (Kesler) and also has two Stanley Cups to his name.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

People calling him "old" though...

jeees   us.

The guy just turned 30 a month ago.

I think people are more concerned with that he seems to want to cash in and get a minimum 6 year contract and although he is not "old" he would be considered past his prime.  Id be okay with a 3 year contract but no more than that.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Read the article. It's nothing but speculation because Ladd is from BC.

Benning won't be giving up assets for a potential rental.

Florida on the other hand would likely offer up Pirri, since they are rumored to be looking for a gritty forward.

I can see him in FLA. Would make them a very dangerous team.  Imagine if they got him then signed buff. 

Fla would be scary

Archived