The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I love Chinese food.

Green Goblin

I love Chinese food too, but I'm tired of ordering the same old, soooo......

My massage therapist, Nicole is chinese (not that type). I see her every cpl of weeks when I'm training, which I haven't been since November, but I digress. 

I get Nicole to write out a menu in chinese and I go to the restaurant she tells me to go to that day. I hand the note to the waiter and voila, I eat what the Chinese eat.

Some dishes I don't like but that's the whole point. I tell her to write a menu for authentic food she would eat with her family. Not westerns Chinese restaurant food. 

Any how I think that's the best way to experience original ethnic food. Get someone to help you who knows what they're doing. 

17 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

East Van born and raised, my favourite oriental restaurant is Green Lettuce, on corner of Victoria and Kingsway. It's not true Chinese, but Indian style Chinese. It's friggin good.

Wo's Restaurant on Main near Marine is my favorite.

Although the best Chinese restaurant in Vancouver closed over a decade ago. It was called Vong's Chinese Kitchen. It started out on Fraser and 43rd, and then moved down to 27th.

The best food ever. Excellent people as well. Bure was a regular there.

On 2/2/2016 at 9:08 PM, Offensive Threat said:

Indian style Chinese food? Why is this the first Im hearing of this? Is it spicy? and theres one in Surrey, Damn. Im gonna hit that up soon. Tomorrow maybe.

There is one on Kingsway and I think Rupert.  It's on the North East corner in a tiny strip mall.  Not sure if it's still there though.

Makes sense for the "fusion" since both countries boarder each other.  Though I find Indian curry far superior to Chinese curry.

Archived