The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Confessions of a Cereal Eater...

Rocksterh8

On 2016-01-28 at 2:16 PM, Lillooet_Hillbilly said:

growing up we only had puffed wheat (came in a bag looking like a pillow case) or corn flakes. But the one cereal I wont buy is Lucky charms because I will eat the whole box in 2 days

I remember the puffed wheat or puffed rice.

I admire your restraint.

19 hours ago, oldnews said:

White bread, Cap'n Crunch, pixie sticks and SMASH.

13_9xcr7.jpg

This actress is too cute.  She was in plenty of movies around that time, and always tipped the cute meter.  

There is only one true breakfast cereal: Cream of Wheat.  Hated the stuff as a kid, and hate it today.  There should be a law against the crap.

19 hours ago, Offensive Threat said:

I likes my cereal with Almond milk. That stuff is perfect for cereal and a lot better for you than cow milk. 

I get a different brand of generally oat style cereal every time I buy.  I was big on Corn Pops as a kid.

You know there's reports out that almond milk is processed "gulp" with little to no almonds. Honestly that's sad. 

WTH is anti-nutrients?????

59 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You know there's reports out that almond milk is processed "gulp" with little to no almonds. Honestly that's sad

Any drink of any kind is mostly water. Beer, mostly water, OJ , mostly water.  I wanted something I could use on cereal that tasted good and wouldnt make me fat. The big problem with Milk is the fat content and the part nobody talks about is the high sugar content. Your body doesnt care if the sugar entering its blood is natural or factory made. It releases insulin and converts it to fat just the same. Almond milk doesnt have the fat or the sugar even if it is mostly water.

Cow milk is about 87% water.

19 minutes ago, Offensive Threat said:

Any drink of any kind is mostly water. Beer, mostly water, OJ , mostly water.  I wanted something I could use on cereal that tasted good and wouldnt make me fat. The big problem with Milk is the fat content and the part nobody talks about is the high sugar content. Your body doesnt care if the sugar entering its blood is natural or factory made. It releases insulin and converts it to fat just the same. Almond milk doesnt have the fat or the sugar even if it is mostly water.

Cow milk is about 87% water.

I know what you mean since I've been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. You gotta do what makes you healthy.

Archived