The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Justin Schultz

SvenBae

Lets get serious here. Schultz is a loser, on a losing team. Of course the Oil want to trade him. He has utterly failed to perform consistently especially when challenged to actually defend. We don't want or need a player from the Oilers. By the end of this season their fans will have suffered through an entire decade out of the playoffs which ties a NHL record.

26 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

No. Schultz is only a marginal upgrade on Weber. Can rack up points, but can't play any kind of defense to save his life. I'd pass.

I liked Weber - but not this season. His play has earned him the right to sit in the press box for younger defenseman.

I'd trade Weber for SOMETHING.

2 hours ago, SvenBae said:

Reading this article got me a little interested;

http://thehockeywriters.com/3-oilers-who-will-be-moved-at-nhl-trade-deadline/

Would you be interested in taking a flyer on Schultz as a project? If so, what would you be willing to give up for him?

Didn't see a topic on this on the first page, apologies if there is already a thread on this.

A horrible article tbh.  

THW will publish literally anything.

8 hours ago, Boddy604 said:

I'll be surprised if Schultz can even remain in the NHL if the Oilers let him go. I'd pick him up out of free agency and put him on a 2 way that lands him straight in Utica but on the Canucks? Good lord no.

That's kind of what I had in mind, essentially a complete restructuring of his game.

11 hours ago, SvenBae said:

About the response I expected lol

Lots of teams would sign the guy.  He's a talented young D-man.  Sure he's not been properly developed, but that's true for all the Edmonton players from their current group.  Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov.  It's just that no team will pay for these guys, because of the players' needing to learn a lot more, and some of them are WAY overpaid.  

For J. Schultz if he's free, or close to free.

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Honestly, as much as I thought he was a bum for going for EDM, he would probably pair very nicely with Hamhuis.

i,m in the keep hamhuis camp for this very reason, if they can , somehow get elder to waive and get something better back than a hamhuise move ,then who,s left? i,d rather retain hamhuis ,  as your mentor to the young d core that remain,s  i,m sure they,ll be additions hopefully ,big experienced dmen, or at least hope they do.  hamhuis to play with whom ever.  shultz only being the example.

12 hours ago, oldnews said:

A horrible article tbh.  

THW will publish literally anything.

Don't really care about the article itself, I didn't even read it fully, only trying to scratch the itch of trade speculation as we approach the deadline by reading anything and everything from anyone.

1 minute ago, SvenBae said:

Don't really care about the article itself, I didn't even read it fully, only trying to scratch the itch of trade speculation as we approach the deadline by reading anything and everything from anyone.

I thought you said you didn't read it though?:o When you scratch an itch do you only "think" scratch?  Maybe that's why you're always itchy?:lol:

Archived