The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Raffi Torres on waivers

Mackcanuck

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Raffi has played in 16 NHL games in 3 years and hasn't even played a single game this season.

I doubt he could even keep up with Prust.

He should retire.

I'd think the average Pee Wee could skate faster than Prust. Hey atleast Torres is likely in good shape :)

Just now, Fred65 said:

I'd think the average Pee Wee could skate faster than Prust. Hey atleast Torres is likely in good shape :)

Maybe, but I doubt he's in game shape (especially in a younger and faster NHL.  Certainly not worth his contract.

Should retire.   Hopefully his team will buy him out so he won't go out and hurt an AHL player.

Just now, Ginu said:

I'm still baffled by what the Bruins were able to pull and get away with... Hard to just forget and move on...

Jeremy Jacobs + Kelly sutherland. Colin Campbell temporarily stepping down because his son was playing in the finals and he puts mike murphy in charge (this is the guy that said how cool it would be for the kings to win the cup that year when the canucks played the kings in the first round and he disallowed one of our goals that should have counted. he even talked about it on hnic). During the rome suspension, he wasn't sure what to do so he calls up Brian Burke to get advice on what to do with the suspension. No conflict of interest at all asking a former GM of the Canucks that we didn't want anymore. Then there are the emails about colin campbell and him complaining about the official that called a penalty on his son (from awhile back, not to do with the playoffs).  Then there was the whole diving nonsense where they made it seem like the Canucks are the only ones that to do it, but every team dives, especially marchand and the bruins. The bruins were allowed to hack and wack so much after the play, but the refs would never do anything about it. Bruins fans chanting flopper after boychuk? drove Raymond into the boards and broke his back. Man, do I  ever hate this shady league. 10 min unsportmanlike penalty for dan sedin after he was repeatedly punched in the face by Marchand. Oh man, I need a drink now. 

Sorry, I've gone a bit off-topic. Where is that raffi torres is a bowling ball thread? ^_^

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

You can't protect out youngsters when you're suspended.....

Not only that, but usually a team picks up 34 year olds for their leadership qualities. Good leadership does not involve taking bad penalties.

I know, I know.  I just really liked Raffi when he was here.  You weren't caught skating with your head down when Raffi was on the ice.  Unfortunately the DoPS took the position that if you skate around with your head down leaning inwards putting yourself in a vulnerable position that is okay.  Raffi has made some incredibly stupid hits, but some of them he was punished unfairly IMO (because of his reputation)

7 hours ago, Master Mind said:

You would think a team like the Sharks would want to keep him. The path through the playoffs goes through LA for them, and Torres could be of use in that series.

He could take out Doughty, the same way Stoll took out Vlasic, and look how much of a difference that made the last time they met. Not condoning that at all, but the league certainly doesn't take any steps from preventing something like that from happening.

I think there is potential sure but I am sure the team wants to rid themselves of this player and the likeliness that he ends up in hot water again.

Not to mention his injury took a toll on him coming back to the lineup and he has a $ 2m caphit to boot.

I could see a team taking him for sure but in no way should Vancouver even consider it, Waivers is useful but it doesn't turn back time. We all know the appeal of Torres was how he played several years ago.

7 hours ago, The Sedge said:

Now that's a guy who would protect our youngsters!  Probably cross the line too, but you can guarantee no one will take liberties with Jared, Jake or Ben when he's on the ice.

Dorsett is a better fighter. Torres a better hitter / dirty player. I loved Torres when he was here. Lol. Too much time in the box though. 

Archived