The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Could Be Several Oilers On The Block

Boddy604

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

I highly doubt Shultz stays with Edmonton. He will be a ufa as I doubt Edmonton offers a qualifying offer as he makes to much.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what they do. He's been decent and he could take a voluntary pay cut if he wishes to re sign. All depends on what they can get at the deadline. 

19 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

2 young elite centres ,an elite defence-man and a decent goalie and you have a core that is a contentender for years to come. RNH is the trade bait for that d-man they don't have. Lowe doesn't seem to be getting that though. 

Lowe? I think you mean Chiarelli. Lowe was the GM about 7 or 8 years ago.

But anyways, it's a good thing they're waiting. PC is doing it right, he's already upgraded the D with Sekera and Reinhart who'll be a real nice piece in cpl years. Hopkins or Eberle (maybe both) will get traded for top end D and depth before next season starts. 

They're going to have a real good top 5 draft pick so they should be able to really get the back end solidified this summer. This will be a playoff team next year and contending for the Cup in 2 or 3 years.

Yeah, the only way we would get anyone really worthwhile from the Oilers would be to trade one or more of Benning's untouchables. So that's not happening. 

Other than that, I think there will be just as many comparable players we could grab in FA once the summer hits. No need to give up our assets for anyone.

i suggest canucks inquire about a trade of prust for schultz with edmonton retaining sufficient salary so there is no change in present contract value for either team

edmonton gets a seasoned veteran to provide a couple of months of guidance and protection for their young talent

vancouver gets 2 months to assess schultz and determine whether there is any of the value remaining which they saw in him 3 years ago when they bid for his services

Spoiler

there is nothing here

Archived