The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Could Be Several Oilers On The Block

Boddy604

1 hour ago, Cowardrobertford said:

This should drastically improve their team the next couple of years if it were true. They have all the assets and cap space to get what they need

This. They have a boatload of options opening up. I mentioned 2 guys we might have an interest in if there's nothing better and they make it to free agency. Oilers have the potential drastically transform their roster between now and next off season. I'll be amazed if Chiarelli just sits back and stays with what he has.

10 hours ago, YEGCanuck said:

Sorry about the above I can't seem to delete it.

@WHL rocks

Chiarelli does what Lowe says to do. Why else would he still be employed.

Bob Nicholson is the president and is Chia's boss...Lowe is just a lawn ornament with about as much say as one.

Don't see this is as a real rumour site. 

Would love to see Gryba as a 7th defenseman next year though. Reminds me of Bortuzzo in STL who plays a great game for a depth guy. Gryba shows promise and really did more so in Ottawa. UFA in the summer though, so the price would have to be super low—like a 5th or less. 

1 hour ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Don't see this is as a real rumour site. 

Would love to see Gryba as a 7th defenseman next year though. Reminds me of Bortuzzo in STL who plays a great game for a depth guy. Gryba shows promise and really did more so in Ottawa. UFA in the summer though, so the price would have to be super low—like a 5th or less. 

This. 

On 1/30/2016 at 6:43 AM, N7Nucks said:

I still like Eberle if he could be had cheap. Otherwise, guys like Hall, Draisatl, Nuge, McJesus would be too expensive for my tastes.

If you watch Eberle play a lot as I do you will notice he has brought a whole new meaning to the term "soft". Not to mention the fact the Oil have grossly over-valued him at $6 Million per season.

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Oilers try to trade all they can so that they can continue their annual trend of tanking to support their Draft Lottery Dynasty" of number one picks.

I keep thinking "this is the year the Oilers will really turn it around" year after year. I've kinda given up on them now. And I don't even like them, man it must suck to be an Oilers fan.

1 hour ago, Boddy604 said:

I keep thinking "this is the year the Oilers will really turn it around" year after year. I've kinda given up on them now. And I don't even like them, man it must suck to be an Oilers fan.

I know, a few years back it looked exciting and now it all seems dismal for them.

Archived