The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] I'm probably dreaming here

Trade Deadline:

VAN trades: Ryan Miller

CAR trades: Cam Ward, 3rd round pick.

Reasoning: Carolina's in a transition phase, much like us, however, Ryan Miller is still a fairly capable goalie that can help Carolina reach the playoffs behind Eddie Lack. Cam Ward would back up Jacob Markstrom for the rest of the season and perhaps until Demko is ready. Cam Ward is on his game when he gets breaks off.

VAN: Dan Hamhuis

EDM: 1st round pick, 2016

Reasoning: With Edmonton needing defense and trying to make the playoffs once McDavid comes back, this could be the perfect fit for Hamhuis, as it is relatively close to home.

VAN: Radim Vrbata

ARZ: 2nd Round pick

Reasoning: With Arizona making a push for the playoffs, they'll trade one of their picks for secondary scoring, especially for a pending UFA that they just had a couple years ago.

VAN: Brandon Prust, Yannick Weber

MTL: 5th round pick (VAN), 7th round pick

Reasoning: Do I need any?

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen / Baertschi - Horvat - Sutter / Shinkaruk - McCann - Virtanen / Etem - Vey - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev / Hutton - Pedan / Sbisa - Biega / Bartkowski

Markstrom / Ward

End of the season:

VAN: 2nd round pick (ARZ)

FLA: Erik Gudbranson

Reasoning: JB gets another project, but this time on defense. FLA gets a decent return.

19 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think you've picked three teams that, for various reasons, are unlikely to be buyers.

Is there likelihood that Miller would waive for Carolina? 

And Florida aint selling Gudbranson for a 2nd.

Like I said, probably dreaming. 

Ward's a pending UFA and he's probably having a rebound year (above .500 record, unlike Miller), so I'm not sure if they would give Cam and a pick away to get the older Miller (don't pending UFA's get more in return as is?).  Also, Ward - Markstrom would be solid, but if both are ready to start we might as well keep Miller who may still be able to contribute as a backup or split starter, so as to avoid Cam stunting Jacob's growth by taking most of the starts as he could.

Stealing Gudbranson would be sweet but doubt they let him go now as he's doing well now as a stabilizer.  Petrovic might still be attainable and think he would do well next to Hutton.  

38 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Ward's a pending UFA and he's probably having a rebound year (above .500 record, unlike Miller), so I'm not sure if they would give Cam and a pick away to get the older Miller (don't pending UFA's get more in return as is?).  Also, Ward - Markstrom would be solid, but if both are ready to start we might as well keep Miller who may still be able to contribute as a backup or split starter, so as to avoid Cam stunting Jacob's growth by taking most of the starts as he could.

Stealing Gudbranson would be sweet but doubt they let him go now as he's doing well now as a stabilizer.  Petrovic might still be attainable and think he would do well next to Hutton.  

I was reading something on Cam Ward where they said he might actually be detrimental to Carolina right now, as Lack's on a hot streak - and so are the Canes - and Ward is better taking a long time between starts anyway. Miller-Lack seemed to work last year, so if Miller would agree to be traded there - which, he likely wouldn't - I would gladly take Cam Ward in return.

Also, we may just end up trading Miller to the Ducks or something for someone and signing someone as a backup for next year.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Good effort, but I highly doubt Edmonton trades their 1st round pick, which will likely be a relatively high pick, for an aging defenceman on an expiring contract. 

Honestly, with McDavid coming back, anything's possible.

Topic reads "[Proposal] I'm probably dr…"  (Immediately, I have to click this one...its going to be good)

Dreaming...driving...drowsy...drunk? I'm disappointed. The only one close to reasonable is Vrbata for a second. It's probably more like a 4th. Hammer for a 3rd. Prust and Weber on waivers. Miller for a 4th, salary retained as a playoff run backup? Our leftovers aren't worth much.

On 1/31/2016 at 5:44 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

CRAZY....for thinkin' that this deal would be true

I'm crazy fer screamin'

Yer crazy fer dreamin'

& I'm crazy fer readin' throughhhhhhh(soft piano & fade...)

just so we all know, we're enemies...

26 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Topic reads "[Proposal] I'm probably dr…"  (Immediately, I have to click this one...its going to be good)

Dreaming...driving...drowsy...drunk? I'm disappointed. The only one close to reasonable is Vrbata for a second. It's probably more like a 4th. Hammer for a 3rd. Prust and Weber on waivers. Miller for a 4th, salary retained as a playoff run backup? Our leftovers aren't worth much.

Addition by subtraction too.

Archived