The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2016 NHL All-Star Game

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/nhl_2016_all_star_game_logo_with_pattern.jpg

Here's everything you need to know about the game:

What: NHL All-Star Game
When: Sunday, January 31, 2016
Time: 2 pm PT
Where: Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee
Watch: NBC Sports Network, CBC

Eastern Conference:

TEAM ATLANTIC

Goaltenders
Ben Bishop, Tampa Bay; Roberto Luongo, Florida.

Defencemen
Aaron Ekblad, Florida; Erik Karlsson, Ottawa; P.K. Subban, Montreal.

Forwards
Patrice Bergeron, Boston; c-Jaromir Jagr, Florida; Leo Komarov, Toronto; Dylan Larkin, Detroit; Ryan O'Reilly, Buffalo; Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay.

Coach
Gerard Gallant, Florida.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM METROPOLITAN

Goaltenders
Braden Holtby, Washington; Cory Schneider, New Jersey.

Defencemen
Justin Faulk, Carolina; Kris Letang, Pittsburgh; Ryan McDonagh, N.Y. Rangers.

Forwards
Nicklas Backstrom, Washington; Claude Giroux, Philadelphia; r-Evgeny Kuznetsov, Washington; Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh; ic-Alex Ovechkin, Washington; Brandon Saad, Columbus; John Tavares, N.Y. Islanders.

Coach
Barry Trotz, Washington.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Western Conference:

TEAM CENTRAL

Goaltenders
Devan Dubnyk, Minnesota; Pekka Rinne, Nashville.

Defencemen
Dustin Byfuglien, Winnipeg; Roman Josi, Nashville; Shea Weber, Nashville.

Forwards
Jamie Benn, Dallas; Matt Duchene, Colorado; c-Patrick Kane, Chicago; r-James Neal, Nashville; Tyler Seguin, Dallas; Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis; i-Jonathan Toews, Chicago.

Coach
Lindy Ruff, Dallas.

TEAM PACIFIC

Goaltenders
John Gibson, Anaheim; Jonathan Quick, Los Angeles.

Defencemen
Brent Burns, San Jose; Drew Doughty, Los Angeles; Mark Giordano, Calgary.

Forwards
Johnny Gaudreau, Calgary; Taylor Hall, Edmonton; Joe Pavelski, San Jose; Corey Perry, Anaheim; xc-John Scott, Arizona-Montreal; Daniel Sedin, Vancouver.

Coach
Darryl Sutter, Los Angeles.

(i—injured, will not play; r—replacement; c—captain; x—John Scott traded to Montreal but for All-Star Game will remain as captain of Pacific team)

3 hours ago, Apples said:

Can't wait to watch Danny and Scott tear it up

Really happy for Scott and it appears so are all the fans and players.  All-star game has always just for fun and to mess around, not like the players ever really try.  He looks genuinely so happy and having fun, as he should.

So with Toews not going to the All-Star game, due to healing up an injury. The NHL decides to pick Nashville's James Neal to replace him. Nashville who already has 3 representatives, while Arizona has none (technically).

7 hours ago, JV77 said:

Really happy for Scott and it appears so are all the fans and players.  All-star game has always just for fun and to mess around, not like the players ever really try.  He looks genuinely so happy and having fun, as he should.

The All-Star game has always been for All-Stars, if it was just for fun it would be called the Just For Fun game and whoever wanted to play could...they'd just throw their sticks in at centre ice and then a ref would toss a stick to each side, just like we did as kids.

I would be surprised if John Scott ever plays another NHL game.

3 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

The All-Star game has always been for All-Stars, if it was just for fun it would be called the Just For Fun game and whoever wanted to play could...they'd just throw their sticks in at centre ice and then a ref would toss a stick to each side, just like we did as kids.

If he never plays an nhl game again he sure as he'll went out with a bang. Esp for a goon. He was done in the nhl after this season anyways. 

Yet now everyone knows who John Scott is. He can go home and write a book. 

He has been telling his story. And people are listening. Can't ask for much more than that if you are the least talented guy in the league.

The people who started the joke are being outnumbered by people with actual compassion and feel that it is more important to support the guy then let him be a side show in front of his family and peers on live TV.  That is awesome why try to create another bad ending to an enforcers life then end his career on a good note. 

4 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Do you have to share your hate for John Scott in every thread?

13 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Do you have to share your hate for John Scott in every thread?

If you construe my opinion that Scott is not an All-Star talent and is unlikely to play in the NHL again as hate for him, then you might be as sensitive as a 6 year old girl. 

I have no ill-will towards Scott whatsoever, I just think that his decision to play in the All-Star game is going to be a short-term gain and a long-term loss for his career.

Archived