The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] It Sounds Like Hamhuis Would Be On Board For Whatever The Team Wants

Boddy604

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=11688274

“We have enjoyed our six years here,” Hamhuis said in an interview last week.

“We enjoy the community, it’s a first-class organization, and I really believe in this team. I like the direction we’re going, I like our young guys, it is something I would like to be part of, for sure.

“We’ll see how things go. You never know. We’ll see what their plans are.

“Maybe they want me, maybe they don’t.

“There are salary cap issues with the Canadian dollar, so that changes things on their side, too. There are so many moving parts with trades and with the cap this year. I am not sure how it is going to play out.”

Sounds to me like Hamhuis is on board to stay or to go, with a preference to stay. But understands he may be asked to go. That's a good sign in determining if he even would waive his NTC if asked.

Touches on the likelihood of other guys moving too.

That's a guy who wants to win now considering his age without saying it outright and if I was him I'd be saying the same thing. 

And he cant re-sign here, it would be burying pedan or any other training camp surprise 

I'm assuming they're gonna re-sign Bart and biega or sign a free agent that fills in bigger needs at least 

edler-tanev

Sbisa-xxxxx

hutton-bart

pedan-biega

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well Hamhuis 

We want to trade you for a premium watch you win a cup and sign you for a 5 year $3 million contract at seasons end

Get er done

this. that would be best case scenario imo. tho i was confused at first when i thought you said we'd be trading him for a nice timepiece

I thought he wouldn't be able to resign here if traded.   If  a player is traded at the deadline on an expiring contract, I believe the rules state he cannot resign with the team that traded him, thereby closing a loophole for teams wanting to build quick assests but keep their star veterans.

59 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=11688274

“We have enjoyed our six years here,” Hamhuis said in an interview last week.

“We enjoy the community, it’s a first-class organization, and I really believe in this team. I like the direction we’re going, I like our young guys, it is something I would like to be part of, for sure.

“We’ll see how things go. You never know. We’ll see what their plans are.

“Maybe they want me, maybe they don’t.

“There are salary cap issues with the Canadian dollar, so that changes things on their side, too. There are so many moving parts with trades and with the cap this year. I am not sure how it is going to play out.”

Sounds to me like Hamhuis is on board to stay or to go, with a preference to stay. But understands he may be asked to go. That's a good sign in determining if he even would waive his NTC if asked.

Touches on the likelihood of other guys moving too.

Bye bye Hamhuis, and hello FIRST ROUND PICK.:wub:

5 minutes ago, Cpt.Clutch said:

I thought he wouldn't be able to resign here if traded.   If  a player is traded at the deadline on an expiring contract, I believe the rules state he cannot resign with the team that traded him, thereby closing a loophole for teams wanting to build quick assests but keep their star veterans.

Good thing that rule doesn't exist.  See Vermette, last summer, for most recent example.

7 minutes ago, Cpt.Clutch said:

I'm not aware of any such rule unless it's a brand new thing. There's been a few players who have done that. And being a UFA means you have the freedom to go where you want. 

Archived