The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saskatoon Breaks Snowball Fight Record!

falcon45ca

Anyone else out here in Saskatchewan make it to the snowball fight? It was a blast, so many people throwing so many snowballs. Rick Mercer was on hand to take in the festivities, and then I baked cookies. Pretty awesome day.

Finally, this world record is in the Great White North, where it belongs!

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

Anyone else out here in Saskatchewan make it to the snowball fight? It was a blast, so many people throwing so many snowballs. Rick Mercer was on hand to take in the festivities, and then I baked cookies. Pretty awesome day.

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/saskatoon-smashes-snowball-fight-world-record

And this is something for a country to celebrate and be proud of?  Thank global warming for us not getting snow around here anymore.  I'm planting a palm tree ::Dfor our next Canuck - Austin Matthews.

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/saskatoon-smashes-snowball-fight-world-record

Didn't know you were in sask.

i worked all weekend.  Looks like a great time...snow might have been icy....hasn't snowed lately and lots of warmer temps/freeze thaw.

11 hours ago, riffraff said:

Didn't know you were in sask.

i worked all weekend.  Looks like a great time...snow might have been icy....hasn't snowed lately and lots of warmer temps/freeze thaw.

Yeah it was awesome, really a lot of fun. The snow was definitely less than ideal for snowballs, but the warm weather was probably a big reason so many folks turned out. I doubt that many people would've showed if it was -20!

Archived