The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Capitals interested in Hamhuis?

homersexual

We have played without Dan Hamhuis for 6 weeks and still in playoff race..

WE HAVE TO TRADE HAMHUIS AT 33 YRS OLD , CAREE ON DOWN SLIDE AND HE IS A FREE AGENT JULY 1ST..

WE SHOULD GET WASHINGTONS 1ST ROUND PICK AND A YOUNG PROPECT..

GREAT TRADE FOR BOTH TEAMS AS WASHINGTON WILL PAY LITTLE MORE KNOWING HAMHUIS IS WHAT THEY NEED FOR A CUP RUN..

WE ARE IN REBUILD LET PULL OFF THE TRADE.....WE ARE REBUILDING NO CHANCE WINNING CUP WITH CHICAGO, L.A, ST.LOUIS, DALLAS, MUH BETTER...

WE HAVE SOME EXCITING YOUNG PLAYERS COMING ALONG GREAT..

SO PLEASE MAKE TRADES, HAMHUIS, PRUST, VIRBATA, BURROWS........

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

We have played without Dan Hamhuis for 6 weeks and still in playoff race..

WE HAVE TO TRADE HAMHUIS AT 33 YRS OLD , CAREE ON DOWN SLIDE AND HE IS A FREE AGENT JULY 1ST..

WE SHOULD GET WASHINGTONS 1ST ROUND PICK AND A YOUNG PROPECT..

GREAT TRADE FOR BOTH TEAMS AS WASHINGTON WILL PAY LITTLE MORE KNOWING HAMHUIS IS WHAT THEY NEED FOR A CUP RUN..

WE ARE IN REBUILD LET PULL OFF THE TRADE.....WE ARE REBUILDING NO CHANCE WINNING CUP WITH CHICAGO, L.A, ST.LOUIS, DALLAS, MUH BETTER...

WE HAVE SOME EXCITING YOUNG PLAYERS COMING ALONG GREAT..

SO PLEASE MAKE TRADES, HAMHUIS, PRUST, VIRBATA, BURROWS........

And HANSEN.  I DONT THINK burr is an asset of any trade value.  Sad to say, but he's a buy out candidate. 

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

OR we keep Hansen, as trading every one of our vets would be a mistake and could put us into Oiler territory.

We will still have:

Miller,Markstrom,Twins,Sutter,Dorsett,Edler,Tanev,Sbisa

Bo will be in his third season

Baer will be 23

i think we have plenty of leadership in that group.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We will still have:

Miller,Markstrom,Twins,Sutter,Dorsett,Edler,Tanev,Sbisa

Bo will be in his third season

Baer will be 23

i think we have plenty of leadership in that group.  

I don't.

I believe that holding on to Hansen's tenacity and work ethic is absolutely essential to the development of our young players.

Just remember who Bo broke into the league playing with.

Yeah, just a big no to trading Hansen. He's too important to this team and he's likely going to be a crucial transitional piece during the rebuild.

Right now he's the best winger for the twins. Bar none. It's too early to consider letting that go. Not while the twins are still here and essentially carrying this team.

Especially with Vrbata headed out the door and Burrows questionable as to whether or not he'll ever get back to being anywhere close to as effective as he once was.

And frankly none of the kids has (yet) shown an aptitude for playing with the Sedins. They deserve (and will get) the chance. But even if one of the youngsters appears to click with the twins, you still need to keep Hansen for insurance.

Also, Hansen has already proven his mentorship value with Horvat. The organization loves to pump Dorsett's tires in this area (as he's their acquisition) but I'd argue that Hansen had a bigger hand in Bo's on-ice development last year.

Hansen is also a proven "spark plug" type who can ignite a slumping line and who can play anywhere from the first to the fourth.

He's arguably this group's hardest worker and has the most "no quit" attitude of anyone on the team (as evident by how he plays over the entire 60 minutes, win or lose). He also has one of the best "motors" on the team and remains the Canucks' fastest skater.

Hansen's just worth more to this team than he'd ever fetch in a trade. He's pretty much become an untouchable asset for Vancouver IMO.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

And HANSEN.  I DONT THINK burr is an asset of any trade value.  Sad to say, but he's a buy out candidate. 

Trading Hansen when he is in the middle of a career year? Players like him are hard to find, he is one of the few core members who can handle a rough and tumble playoff game. Speedy, great defence and PK ability, will go on hot streaks throughout season. A keeper

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Put Burrows back with the Sedins and watch him produce. Then @ TDL trade him to a team who thinks he still got that dragon slayer mojo for the playoffs.

10 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

Put Burrows back with the Sedins and watch him produce. Then @ TDL trade him to a team who thinks he still got that dragon slayer mojo for the playoffs.

If Burrows can't get a goal on the powerplay while with the Sedins, what makes you think he will at even strength?

Archived