The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Penguins sign F Tom Sestito

So...we're maybe getting Pouliot?

Maybe we can convince Johanssen (sp?) to come back as a UFA and have Sven RyJo and Pouliot back together?  Correct me if I am wrong but don't we have a D prospect that played with Pouliot as well?  Was it Cederholm?

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So...we're maybe getting Pouliot?

Maybe we can convince Johanssen (sp?) to come back as a UFA and have Sven RyJo and Pouliot back together?  Correct me if I am wrong but don't we have a D prospect that played with Pouliot as well?  Was it Cederholm?

I believe he's a very realistic trade target.

Yes, Cederholm played primarily beside Pouliot as his stay at home guy for the '13-14 season... though I don't expect that will factor in much at all.

Not surprising, The Penguins always have a few goons on their roster. Hard to blame them, when they have star players on multiple lines that are easy targets for opponents. Crosby is the easiest target in the NHL, next to McDavid. 

Speaking of McDavid, he's returning today. Oilers should consider acquiring Scott, play him any time McDavid is on the ice. 

3 hours ago, HenButton said:

#Pens announce one-year, two-way contract for Tom Sestito. $575,000 at NHL level.

Who? What? When? Where? Why?

Vote for next All Star

Its also a 1 year deal, ie it expires at the end of this year, No?

And two way.  Would have to think he would start in the minors to get in game shape...

All in all, no big deal!

2 hours ago, theminister said:

I believe he's a very realistic trade target.

Yes, Cederholm played primarily beside Pouliot as his stay at home guy for the '13-14 season... though I don't expect that will factor in much at all.

I kinda doubt that Cederholm ever cracks the NHL. 

38 minutes ago, austy said:

I was bummed when he came into his last Canucks camp so out of shape, the season prior he seemed to make strides (skill wise). 

Yeah, his excuse was that he thought if he lost too much weight it would affect his fighting ability. He was asked to shed x many pounds and he didn't meet that. It cost him his place on the Canucks. Maybe he woke up to the changes in the game and actually lost enough weight to keep up; otherwise he will still be a defensive liability whenever he is on the ice. Either way, good luck Sam Tostito.

11 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Yeah, his excuse was that he thought if he lost too much weight it would affect his fighting ability. He was asked to shed x many pounds and he didn't meet that. It cost him his place on the Canucks. Maybe he woke up to the changes in the game and actually lost enough weight to keep up; otherwise he will still be a defensive liability whenever he is on the ice. Either way, good luck Sam Tostito.

"I ate all that fast food to stay in tip top fighting shape, I swear!!"

Archived