The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Wsh

CANUCKS GET BOWEY

Now i know some of you may be sick of hearing about ways to get Bowey but i believe i came up with a proposal that could work.

TO VAN

BOWEY

1ST (Conditional)

TO WSH

HAMHUIS (50% Retained)

VRBATA (50% Retained)

OLSEN

CONDITIONAL 1ST

IF THE CAPITALS MAKE IT TO THE FINALS IT IS A 1ST, IF NOT IT BECOMES A 2ND AND 5TH

WHY THE CAPITALS WOULD DO THIS?

Well it has been 11 years since Ovechkin has been drafted and they still havn't won the cup, and this year things are finally looking bright. Their time is now, Ovechkin isn't getting any younger, and there are some new up and coming young teams forming (or formed) such as, the Oilers, Panthers, Lightning, Flames, Stars, Canucks?. Bowey is no doubt a stud D prospect but right now he is not contributing to the Capitals cup run and with Orpik out for the last 33 games, Hamhuis would be a huge addition to help push them over the top. Then there is also the relationship between Trotz and Hammer. Not only will they get Hamhuis they also get a top 6 sniper in Vrbata. Vrbata is a 30G scorer when played with skilled playmakers and could add a lot scoring help for the capitals cup run. Yes i know Vrbata hasnt done anything all year but its not 100% his fault IMO. Hes been all over the lineup all year and playing with rookies for the most part, other GMs see this and also seen last year what hes capable of when put in the right situations. Both of these are rental players so I added Olsen in there as well. He is having a solid year so far and was a late pick by us last year. With Olsen added to the trade it atleast gives the Capitals something to look forward to if they fail to capture the cup. Their time is now.

WHY THE CANUCKS DO THIS?

Hutton Bowey

I know this isnt your typical "fair" trade, but when you weigh their need for a cup vs our need for a right handed young Dman the trade seems more fair. Remember rental players dont usually come cheap, especially top 4 Dmen. They are getting a top 4 Dman (Hamhuis), top 6 winger (Vrbata), and a decent looking D prospect (Olsen)

Think this can work? If not do you believe a little tweaking could work? Without giving up Shinkaruk or any other top prospect?

Is that a normal conditional? I don't think I've ever heard of something like that, but if it's possible, then alright...

I'm not a fan of the proposal because Caps are already favourites to go all the way, and Hamhuis and Vrbata will only help their chances. What if our pick becomes a top 10 or 5? There's some good looking lottery prospects this summer. 

I think there's a deal to be made between Van/Wsh, but not this deal and not with those assets in play necessarily. 

Hammer + 2nd for Bowey (we retain salary on Hammer if necessary)

Then we flip Virby to anyone he waives his NTC to in order to recoup the 2nd. 

32 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Hammer + 2nd for Bowey (we retain salary on Hammer if necessary)

Then we flip Virby to anyone he waives his NTC to in order to recoup the 2nd. 

Would take both of those deals in a heartbeat and pencil in Bowey to the lineup immediately - kid has more than held his own in the minors this season!   

4 hours ago, Lockhart said:

I think we could get a D-man or pick out of trading Hamhuis to Pittsburgh. 

Vrbata (50% retained) plus a pick or lesser prospect for Tom Wilson.

Not disrespect intended but,

1. Why does Hammer waive to go to a team with only 50/50 (just a guess from me admittedly ) chance of even making the playoffs? 

2. Don't see Washington intentionally getting less tough/gritty right before the playoffs.  They're already the 2nd highest scoring team in the league,  imo they add without subtracting a roster player since they're on fire right now.   That means trading prospects/picks. Wilson is going to be a key cog in a deep run imo.

But anything is possible I suppose? 

12 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Not disrespect intended but,

1. Why does Hammer waive to go to a team with only 50/50 (just a guess from me admittedly ) chance of even making the playoffs? 

2. Don't see Washington intentionally getting less tough/gritty right before the playoffs.  They're already the 2nd highest scoring team in the league,  imo they add without subtracting a roster player since they're on fire right now.   That means trading prospects/picks. Wilson is going to be a key cog in a deep run imo.

But anything is possible I suppose? 

Hamhuis has kind of said he won't block a trade.

I don't think Wilson will have a huge impact THIS year. If we could trade Vrbata and say, Gaunce who will most likely top out as a solid 3rd liner (nothing wrong with that), 2-3 years down the road Wilson is going to be a beast and I think WSH is in the win now mode. 

That being said Hamhuis to WSH is fine too, I just think people are getting too caught in the fact that we need to trade Hamhuis for a D-man.

I know this isn't that great of a lineup, but lets say we draft Chyrchun and without any major UFA signings this could be our lineup next year. It is bad, but it wouldn't that much worse than our healthy lineup this year.

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Sbisa

Pedan - Biega

8 hours ago, Lockhart said:

Hamhuis has kind of said he won't block a trade.

I don't think Wilson will have a huge impact THIS year. If we could trade Vrbata and say, Gaunce who will most likely top out as a solid 3rd liner (nothing wrong with that), 2-3 years down the road Wilson is going to be a beast and I think WSH is in the win now mode. 

That being said Hamhuis to WSH is fine too, I just think people are getting too caught in the fact that we need to trade Hamhuis for a D-man.

I know this isn't that great of a lineup, but lets say we draft Chyrchun and without any major UFA signings this could be our lineup next year. It is bad, but it wouldn't that much worse than our healthy lineup this year.

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Sbisa

Pedan - Biega

Or..

Edler Tanev

Byfuglien Sbisa

Hutton Bowey

Now thats a D i can begin to love

On 2016-02-02 at 9:13 PM, Fanuck said:
On 2016-02-03 at 6:32 PM, McHortanen said:

Or..

Edler Tanev

Byfuglien Sbisa

Hutton Bowey

Now thats a D i can begin to love

I see what you mean there, but 2 questions: 1- what will it realistically take to get Bowey (it will be more like a Virtanen or Boeser), and 2- do you really believe that Byfuglien will reach UFA?

27 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

I see what you mean there, but 2 questions: 1- what will it realistically take to get Bowey (it will be more like a Virtanen or Boeser), and 2- do you really believe that Byfuglien will reach UFA?

Why will it realistically take Boeser or Virtanen to get Bowey?  

Hammer and Ganunce will get that done for sure.  Bowey is an unproven player.  

Archived