The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Re-sign D Alex Biega

elvis15

1 minute ago, SedinMadness said:

i apreciate vintage but other people can post stuff as well.. do you have proof to even call bs...why don't you get the confirmation... and i am being mean for the op and for who ever wants to post stuff. total disrespect.

I think you missed some pretty obvious sarcasm

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:
32 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

How could anyone could possibly complain about this deal. 

Don't get me wrong,  bulldog has been serviceable,  I just wish we'd move on from signing "serviceable" defencemen.  2-way deal would've been much preferred. 

Biega will make less than HALF what we paid both Weber and Bartkowski this year.  I guess that is a fail?

10 minutes ago, SedinMadness said:

i apreciate vintage but other people can post stuff as well.. do you have proof to even call bs...why don't you get the confirmation... and i am being mean for the op and for who ever wants to post stuff. total disrespect.

Uhm, I'm pretty sure he was joking.  At least that's how I took it.

Great to hear and happy for Biega, well deserved. The cap hit can fully be absorbed if he ever gets put on waivers and clears, so not sure why ppl are unhappy about the term or 1 way aspect.

2yrs of Biega for less $ than 1 yr of Bartkowski I am happy with that. Biega works hard and this gives him over double his ahl salary for atleast 2 years. Helps him out financially to support his family.

Determined guy who never gave up and was rewarded today with this contract. It all but assures we will never see Weber back with us after this year and hopefully Bartkowski also

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Roster flexibility,  not cap.  Don't know what the Swedish Hockley League has to do with anything? 

Lol autocorrect didn't like ahl.... how is a 2 way deal more flexible than a 1 way? It still takes up a contract spot and like I said 2 way doesn't mean waiver exempt... only in EA sports

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Don't get me wrong,  bulldog has been serviceable,  I just wish we'd move on from signing "serviceable" defencemen.  2-way deal would've been much preferred. 

I was going to tear you apart for this comment, but I don't think there will be any shortage of people on here who will do that. So I will merely ask why you are against someone who has paid their dues getting rewarded for their hard work?

51 minutes ago, billabong said:

Great move, you know he'll continue to battle hard because he still isn't guaranteed a spot next ear

edler-tanev

Sbisa-xxxxx

Hutton-xxxxx

(RFA)pedan-biega

I have a feeling after this year and the state of the defense in many of the losses, no one is guaranteed a spot. 

Hearing a major shakeup on the blueline this summer. At least an E5!

3 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I was going to tear you apart for this comment, but I don't think there will be any shortage of people on here who will do that. So I will merely ask why you are against someone who has paid their dues getting rewarded for their hard work?

You'll have your chances, when we resign Baertschi and Etem for any more than league minimum, someone will come screaming we overpaid.

23 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

Edler,  Tanev,  Sbisa,  Hutton, Bowey, Demers, Pedan, Tryamkin.

That's my not unrealistic projected D once we get Bowey from Wsh at the deadline and sign Demers if he's still Ufa july 1.

I'm def not against bulldog getting paid, just didn't see him in the lineup regularly nxt season,  that's all.

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Because on a one way 2 things are a certainty, 

1, he's guaranteed a spot which i don't necessarily think he should be (I believe in competition )

2. If jb changes his mind he's at risk of being another Corrado

As has been said, it didn't guarantee Vey a spot. And I'm not sure what you mean by Corrado; do you mean he'll get sent on waivers and lost for nothing if Benning changes his mind? If so, I have news for you - he's already waivers eligible whether he's on a one-way or two-way.

The bottom line of this is how much he makes in the AHL doesn't affect us at all. We don't play his salary, and he's under the $950K limit for cap in the AHL.

Unless Aquilini raises prices on the fans because he's paying more for one-way deals, this is all just a bonus for Biega.

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Edler,  Tanev,  Sbisa,  Hutton, Bowey, Demers, Pedan, Tryamkin.

That's my not unrealistic projected D once we get Bowey from Wsh at the deadline and sign Demers if he's still Ufa july 1.

I'm def not against bulldog getting paid, just didn't see him in the lineup regularly nxt season,  that's all.

yes because all that is just guaranteed to happen. why didn't you tell us you were psychic

Archived