The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Me a New One Boyz (Van-Edm)[Proposal]

Van

• Justin Schultz
  • 2016 2nd
  • Conditional 2017 3rd (base on if he resigns in Edmonton, would have been a second but their second would be going to Boston as compensation for sign Chiarelli)
  • 2016 3rd

Edmonton

Dan Hamhuis

Schultz is a typical Benning reclaimation project, but he also fits our need for a right handed PM defenceman.

Anyways fire away

Don't see that happening.

If Hammer goes anywhere, it's to a contender, and we'll be needing him back next season. Well, a top 4 dman or two from the UFA market at least, but I want Hammer in Van next season. He'll pull a Vermette, hopefully.

I agree Schultz is a typical JB project,  it would be awesome to get him and see if he can find his game here. 

15 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

Hey man, Schultz is a proven loser from a losing team. He is not needed nor is he wanted. Enough said.

Yup, the Oilers have one asset (Macdavid) of any real value.  I guess Nurse has value too.  After that, it's over paid, over hyped soft trash.  

A Oiler's 2nd is similiar to a late 1st so it wouldn't be that far off once you throw the 3rd rounder in.

Trading for Schultz is negative value though. His contract will have to be qualified, makes more sense to wait until Edmonton lets him walk so you can sign him for a fair contract. 

Although it seems insulting to move Hammer to EDM, I bet that's one of the team's he would most like to be moved to since it's just as close to Smithers, where his family is and why he signed with Van in the first place. 

Rather have a 2nd and 3rd straight up for Hammer...but more so would rather trade Hammer to a contender for a late 1st that hopefully ends up being in the early 20s. 

My two cents. 

2 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

Van

• Justin Schultz
  • 2016 2nd
  • Conditional 2017 3rd (base on if he resigns in Edmonton, would have been a second but their second would be going to Boston as compensation for sign Chiarelli)
  • 2016 3rd

Edmonton

Dan Hamhuis

Schultz is a typical Benning reclaimation project, but he also fits our need for a right handed PM defenceman.

Anyways fire away

Hammer would rip you a new one.....

He has a NTC anyways.  

Schultz it too expensive (3.9) for what you get and he's too old (will be 26 in July) to unlearn what they taught him in Edmonton.

Deal would be workable/sensible if Edmonton was in a battle for a playoff spot. This deal is much less likely to happen due to the fact that Vancouver and Edmonton Share a division, Edmonton would not want to see Schultz become a star so close to Edmonton where people would see him regularly.

With Edmonton being in a situation very much like Vancouver will be in a couple of years, Dan Hamhuis wants to know why he would waive his No-Trade Clause to move away from family and friends for a team that is lower in the standings and not contending for the Stanley Cup, at his age, either he wants end up with a competitive team, or he wants to stay put.

When people say they'll do whats best for the team, that doesn't mean they are going to disregard their own future to do it - if that was the case, we'd see alot more league minimum contracts(HAHAHA)

Just my thoughts. :)

Archived